April 28, 2024, 07:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: chop builders!!!  (Read 10657 times)
stumpy

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

im sure it will be straight forward once i get on track as long as i get on the right track but the ringer comment is spot on so i will not be cutting corners when the time comes msva it will be but dont much fancy Q plate hope i can use plate or get an age related one

stumpy can't voice his opinion here
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 01:36:01 AM »

that frame is cheaper than anything i can get here in aust. even with shipping!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
skiprat

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »

it will be a Q plate, unless you have full receipts and its obviously built from new parts, then you can go for a new reg.

stumpy

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 08:37:22 AM »

blair got a brand new reg plate no Q plate for him not sure why not as he used second hand parts ?? curious

blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »

blair got a brand new reg plate no Q plate for him not sure why not as he used second hand parts ?? curious

as far as i can tell its cause the only major used part was the engine , the wheels ,tyres and forks were not classed as major parts   
zakboy

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »

loads of info hear stump, keep scroling down to motorcycles

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_180218.pdf

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
stumpy

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »

cool i know age of engine every thing elce will be new you done well blair hat off to ya mate hope mine goes half as well ... nice one kev every little helps will have to call it the tescos chop
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:11:27 PM by stumpy » Logged

one arm bandit

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »

you'll soon foget about a Q on the reg plate when you stand back and look at what youve created, Wink are you building it around the adaptions you need to make it your own?
blair

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 07:52:47 PM »

i dont think i would be bothered really if it did get a Q ,    had the insurance on the other day wanting me to fill out a modified vehicle form , they couldnt seam to understand that it wasnt a modified bike but a one off . the lassie jsut kept repeating that if i didnt declair any non standard parts that my insurance wouldnt pay out , even thought i kept saying it was all standard parts on a super squirrel cause it was build by me --- the manufacturer !

good luck and keep at it and youll easy get through the msva , remember EU marking on everything
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »

and sent back to the manufacturer for any and all repairs!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
blair

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:33 PM »

and sent back to the manufacturer for any and all repairs!

exactely chewie 
skiprat

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »

good luck and keep at it and youll easy get through the msva , remember EU marking on everything

dont worry about eu markings, only thing that it helps to have EC or whatever markings is the mirrors, lights etc do not need the markings

its more about position etc

MSVA really is a walk in the park once you actually look at it.

and congrats Blair on your build, watched it for a long time, but confused as hell at that 12 plate?? never achieved it in 11 builds Sad all Q, but I like Q plates
stumpy

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:58 AM »

saw this on my travels and thought it may be of interest to some of you i did not write it its a QUOTE ..........................................................

"For starters i used a GSXR 750 WN 1992 K REG as a doner bike. Has only failed mot on a noisy can and picked it up for 700 quid, steal!

I knew from the start i was going to sva the bike as the police in Poole can be some tight bastards, so didn't want to take any risks, so i download the msva test guide book which tells everything think you can and can't have. Basically if you go and look at a new bike, it need all of thoose things, convex mirrors, silencers that will bring the noise under 99 deciebells, indicators, all working lights, steering lock and all thoose kind of jassey things. Now at this point i will be honest, as soon i passed the sva and the built up vehcile inspection test(bull s**t test by the dvla to check it is the frame number and chassis number you say it is, didnt even take it out of the van) i took most of the s**tty stuff of, silencers etc.

The sva test itself is long but when they do fail you on somethings its for good reason, i had some gromits missing round the edge of my wires into the eltrics box that could casued the wire to cut and not enough play in my back brake. Their brake strength test is a bit heavy duty(dont ask) as they do it on a rolling road upto about 130 pounds of pressure. And with your lights, if its e marked its good.

they never to pictures of your bike some mine is now completely diffrent to the bike they tested. I put a sissy bar on it for a start so i didnt have to work round their side mount number plate bo****ks. It now has a side mount plate.

In short, if its unsafe or dodgey they will fail it, they paperwork isnt to hard, just phone the dvla, get a frame number and then sva it on the frame number, because i used a new frame and kept the recipet for it, I DONT HAVE A Q PLATE!!! And as its registered as a new biek i dont have to mot it for 3 years aswell, so im on a winer."     

all spelling is not mine but rekon you will get the gist of it

hunter

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

In regards to MSVA i read on another forum, A guy rang an insurance company for a quote for his Trike,
One of the questions asked had it past an MSVA test,So it looks like insuranc is now going to be a problem.

I
blair

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 01:39:33 PM »

looks like someone was trying to tell him he didnt go though the proper method and ill bet its cause he didnt get a Q plate , i ve lost count of how many people tell me i must have filled out a form incorrectly or i just didnt do the process correct , and ive only done 2 miles on the bike since it was registared

seams to echo my experiance of the system 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: