April 27, 2024, 11:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Robin or Rialto axle  (Read 2774 times)
RobF

« on: August 18, 2006, 12:13:42 PM »

Hi Guys

I have finally given in and am no longer just looking at the fantastic Reliant based trikes you have been building and am going to do my own.

I have my Reliant engine and gearbox and a bike front end but I need an axle (and propshaft) before I can even get started.

Does anyone here have one for sale ?

Thanks

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 05:22:38 PM »

Hi Rob. Ha! Another convert! Welcome to our world  Grin
I think I've got a spare propshaft, but the only spare axle we've got is already ear-marked for someone else's project. They've been going for about 40 quid but I saw two for sale in this month's BSH for 120 quid each!
It's still possible to pick up whole cars for 20 or 30 quid, abandoned in people's gardens, just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Look in shop window ads, Exchange & Mart etc for cheap bargains, rather than bike mags or Ebay where people are starting to realise they're sought after for trikes & pricing them accordingly.
Or you could try the owners club site of course.
http://www.reliantownersclub.co.uk/enter.html
Join the forum & check the For Sale section.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
RobF

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 07:46:24 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.

I thought it worth asking on the obvious places first.

ebay can be an expensive place these days  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: