April 27, 2024, 05:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: whos at what this weekend  (Read 12836 times)
Cabman77

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 09:12:42 PM »

this weekend I have mostly been getting over the excitement of being handed the keys for a brand new harley switchback with a full tank of fuel, it`s amazing how much fuel you can use in a few hours  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
renegade53

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2011, 08:23:27 PM »

hope to be at the ace cafe for the ratrod ratbike meet on sunday

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »

Taz & I have been at our local village Remembrance Day service this morning. For our readers from foreign climes, it's the annual commemorative day for all those who've died in Britain's many wars.
Neither of us is religeous in any way, but Taz is a volunteer standard bearer for the local branch of the British Legion, which heads up the veterans' march through the village for the service at the church.
I always get roped into wearing a dayglo vest over my suit & helping to slow the traffic. West Clandon is on the route between two major roads, as well as having a local beauty spot which is popular with bikers & vintage car drivers, so even on Sundays, it's a busy road.
A gorgeous Autumnal morning here in Surrey, so it was nice to walk in sunshine, instead of last year's heavy rain. Tazet's nearest the camera.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

As well as the church, they stop at several points along the way to lay wreaths. Fortunately the Sunday morning drivers are quite patient.
Taz's employers, Lord & Lady Onslow & their daughter, are nearest the camera.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

The party have to cross the busy road to visit the local grave yard. I had to stop this beauty, on it's way to the vehicle meet at Newlands Corner, while they crossed. Cadillac?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »

Last stop was to lay a wreath under the plaque listing the village's war dead, outside the British Legion hall. Then we adjourned to the hall for lunch.
As I said, we're not religeous or connected to the armed forces in any way, but it's just nice to do our bit for the local community.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »

Tazet works 7 days a week, running a busy stable yard at the Clandon Park estate, so we rarely get to go out anywhere together. Today was her first day off for several months. Had to grab a photo together, just to prove she's not a figment of my imagination.
Tazet & Manky, overlooking the Clandon estate where we live.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: