May 16, 2024, 12:14:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-scheduled Monkey World Visit - SUN 21/10/12  (Read 5141 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »

I didn't count, there were grown up children and smaller children and so on.  JJ & grandkids, Rick, Pete & Chrissie and various offspring and youngsters, me with my grandkids.   Deffinitely not 30 but the ticket wasn't wasted!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »

Glad to hear it didn't go to waste. Hope everyone had a good time.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »

Would so liked to have taken the gran kids ,but unable to walk to far nowadays ?..I don't like blooming wheelchair journeys..maybe next time ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »

I borrowed one of their disabled scooters - you could have done that too and we could have had races!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »

Hi All,

Had a lovely time at Monkey World.  Weather was good to us too.  I think we were the last of the Mankies to leave at 4pm, when it just started to drizzle.   

Nice to see those that did turn up.  Enjoyed chatting to BikerGran.  Her grandchildren and mine seemed to hit it off and they enjoyed playing in the big play area. 

Hopefully the date of next year's visit will be back to normal and more Mankies will be able to come along. It will soon be adoption time again.  End of this month I think. 

Hopefully see you there next time Stinkey.  You, me and BikerGran can race on the scooters and the rest can bet on us.

Didn't take many photos, just these few.

Here is the Manky paver that Andy and Taz bought a couple of years ago.  Looking a bit faded now.  Lots of feet go over it though.  I have included a reference point for those who wish to find it next time.  It is in the group of pavers from where the photo was taken.   It is at the beginning of the walkways so not too far before you find it.

I also have a paver there.  It says JJ and Jinxster, the latter being the name of my trike.  As it is a Q plate I could name the taxation make and model, so it was Jinxster (based on my surname) and Liberty for the model.  It gives me a buzz to see it on the tax disc!  I am easily pleased.  Smiley  It is just a bit further on from the MMM one and just in front of the bench in the previous picture.

My Monkeys:

I then took these pictures of my grandchildren and it was only when I saw them in thumbnail mode that I realised what they spelt.  How's that for coincidence!

JJ Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »

Nice pics Jay.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
nabsim

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 08:33:28 AM »

Glad you enjoyed it and it wasn't wasted. Hope to make it one year Smiley

Cabman77

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »

Just couldn`t afford our tribal outing from Essex this year. See how the next year unfolds Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: