May 16, 2024, 11:48:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kingston Meet... Live bands & fun stuff!  (Read 2986 times)
ben_implant

« on: July 31, 2006, 10:33:23 PM »

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k215/ben_implant/THE-PEEL-GIG-FLYER-1.gif
Kingston Meet... Live bands & fun stuff!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »

Ooh, ooh! I really want to go to that one!
Wonder if Janie & Dave will have Connie the Consul fixed in time.
Wonder if I'll be allowed back in it -I seem to be a bit of a jinx.
Not sure they'll appreciate me telling you -so I will:
They gave me a lift home the other day. We were trundling along quite happily when Dave noticed smoke coming up from under the rear parcel shelf. An emergency stop, fling open the boot -the wiring for the rear lights was on fire! We'd had some torrential rain & it'd shorted out one of the bulbs. Dave ripped out the smouldering wires & we carried on, with no brake lights or indicators.
Had a phone call from him once they'd got home. On the way back they'd come to a roundabout, Janie stomped on the brakes & the pedal went straight to the floor. No Brakes! So they'd limped home with no brake lights, no indicators & yanking on the handbrake to stop! 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:15:20 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ben_implant

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:39:19 AM »

This is why you should all get yourselves a nice new Japanese car! One of those little 700cc ones with plastic doors. Hahaha.  Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 08:29:57 AM »

Grin
I'd be happy with a moped at the moment. Got no transport at all.  Sad

Plainy Janie

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »

When we got back from Tadley on Saturday, Dave went out to work on the consul, while he ripped out the old wiring loom in the boot for the lights and made himself up a new one, I had a quick chat with connie.  "Listen love", I said.  "You can't keep crossing your wires when ever you feel like it".  She wasn't having any of it and the indicators still aren't going.  Dave's ordered a new flasher unit!  Oooer! 

On Sunday, he tended to the brakes and after a while she was ready for a test drive.  We decided to pop round Daltons for a cuppa but Dave couldn't understand why I wouldn't take the shortcut down the A331.  "Listen mate!" I said.  "I'm not travelling at 40/50 mph, only to find when I come off at the Farnborough junction we'll be taking the corners at the same speed".  Does anyone else understand why I was a bit nervous in taking her out again for the first time, and wanting to use the back roads.

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »

That's a big ol' car to stop -don't think opening the doors & putting your feet down would work!

ben_implant

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

Hahaha, flasher unit!

Whatever happened to hand signals??  Huh
Plainy Janie

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:15:38 PM »

Trust me ben_implant, there would have been plenty of hand signals had I come off the A331 and we couldn't slow down for the bend!  As for the flasher unit (Oooeer), it seems Dave may not need the new one he's ordered as a quick tinkering with Connie at 4am this morning seems to have done the trick.  She obviously prefers a mans touch to another womans scorn!

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 09:44:40 PM »

Funny you should having trouble flashing - Doris, my Austin Maestro, had a flashing problem the other day.  Rear left flasher wasn't working, no problem I thought, I've got a spare bulb for that - so I put the spare in, and it was all hunky-dory when I tested it. 

Till I decided to drive round to the local shop and the darn thing wasn't working again!

So next day I set off to go into town (a whole mile away) to buy a new bulb and........  all flashers working ok!  I spose I ought to check for a loose connection but it hasn't given any more problems so - if it ain't broke, I won't fix it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: