May 13, 2024, 01:26:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ,fibromyalgia,  (Read 3038 times)
spanners

« on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »

,,firbromyalgia,,  

who,s heard of it and what do you know about it

its what the doctor diagnosed yesterday  Shocked Shocked

plus i,v got a hernia that needs the attention of the surgeons knife  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:31:39 AM by spanners » Logged

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
fifer

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:14:35 AM »

Thought it was a foreign country. Grin
Until i googled it Shocked i think i have it.

I believe I'm suffering with the same thing,I have all the symphonies listed in this link.
I have been having treatment for some of the symptoms, i have an appointment with the doc end of the month,
So i shall be peaking to her about it,Thanks Mike.
http://www.HS.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I
kapri

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:59:40 PM »

One of my friends has suffered with it for ages so have seen the pain and effects.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »

I've been thinking for some time that may be part of my problems.  Just not sure what to do about it - doctors don't usually like it if you say "I think I might have......"

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:13 PM »

its seems to have taken the doctors a bloody long time to diagnose it with me
they said it could be triggered by truama  or close family bereavment

thinking about it i can trace it back to a bad accident i had when i was hit by a machine at work ,,a good while ago ,, dont remember suffering with the symptoms before then ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
melosman

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:56 PM »

I've had it a couple of years Mike, basically it's a pyscho neurological disorder. There is nothing wrong with you as such but your mind and body don't do what they are supposed to do or what you want them to do. For me it was losing my mum, my daughters and my missus in a 5 year period, it creeps up on you. No known cure.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 08:59:41 PM »

You've had a fair amount of trauma over the last few years Mike!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »

BG,Don't be afraid to mention it to your doctor,In the link above it Say's it is very difficult to diagnose.
I will certainly be speaking to mine in a couple of weeks on my next appointment,
Because over the years i have complained About every symptomlisted in that link,
And have been diagnosed with more than half of them,But have suffered with all of them,
And yes Mike trauma is the switch,And i have had my Fair share of that,
I have lost a lot of friends in motorcycle accidents,In one instance a group of us were out on a ride when a good mate was two places in front of me when he lost control in a road works,And hit a oncoming car,
He died in my arms, Something that will live with me for the rest of my time.
Anyway sorry for the morbid stuff but hay that's life.

I
spanners

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »

has anybody else that suffers from it  noticed any trouble with thier balance  especially in the dark ,, my eyes and night vision are fine just my balance isnt right in poor light  Huh Huh

hunter

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

That's the wiskey Grin

But yes i need a wall to follow.

I
spanners

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 09:19:15 PM »

That's the wiskey Grin

But yes i need a wall to follow.

i havn,t touched any of the strong stuff this year  still got the bottle of JD i had at christmas  Shocked

oldmetalhead82

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »

I was told by my doctor that i may develop it when i was diagnosed with osteo arthritis seven years ago and i think its here because its now not only my joints that are permanently painful.                   

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
spanners

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »

got the new tablets the doc prescribed on monday today  Roll Eyes the pharmacy had to order them specialy as they dont normally stock them
taken the first of them about two hours ago  now i feel ever so wierd,,,

thay are called  ,CYMBALTA,

kapri

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »

You shouldn't really start to see any difference for at least a couple of weeks Mike. Check on this link whether you are taking or have taken recently , any of the drugs that can cause an interaction.

http://www.drugs.com/cymbalta.html

I have to say that I've taken drugs that are used to also treat fibromyalgia and I simply did not get on with them at all. My mates was on a cocktail that would have knocked me for 6 ( and I use Fentanyl , an artificial  morphine that is 10 times stronger than heroin!). He's recently come off of all of his .He still has the same sympthoms that he had to start with and now uses natural methods and dietary control to deal with his illness.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: