May 04, 2024, 07:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Your Head Around this  (Read 1093 times)
ByzMax

Choppit

« on: July 26, 2006, 10:46:31 PM »

OK so I'm having a conversation with a MSVA inspector today asking a few technical questions on what the minimum size of a mudguard should be and if you really needed a front one anyhow?

I heard a sigh and a chuckle and then came this info..........................................

If you have mudguards on your trike then they must not have sharp edges and the leading edges must have a 2mm radius but you don't actually need mudguards to get through an MSVA  Grin They are not required for an MOT either  Grin However if you get stopped by a traffic cop he can slap a prohibtion order on the Trike and you can't drive it on the road cos it breaches the construction and use regs Huh So how after that do you get it back on the road?

You have to get it MOT'd Huh Huh Huh Huh

Also on bikes, The must have hand holds for passengers fitted to the bike to get through the MSVA but............................... there is no requirement for passenger footrests!!!!!!!! Grin

Also I managed to get a copy of the spreadsheet program they use to calculate the weight and brake forces etc

Want a copy PM me and I will email it to you.

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
flap

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »

I've allways thought it a bit odd that you don't need mudguards for the MOT but you do for construction and use regs. Seems thats something the powers that be haven't thought through properly.

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »

something the powers that be haven't thought through properly.

Shouldn't that be "something else the powers that be haven't thought through properly."

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: