May 14, 2024, 07:41:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rear brakes  (Read 3020 times)
klogan45

« on: January 29, 2007, 07:30:58 PM »

Hi Guys, yet another question that someone may help with.
Got to planb in the brakes on the virago trike. Got a nice master cylinder, similar to the reliant, not a tin bodied mini cylinder.
Problem is the plunger for the piston works in the horizontal plane and I would like to use the existing bike rear brake pedal. The rod that operates the rear brake 'pulls' on the rear lever, and the plunger for the piston has to be pushed on the new master cylinder. Have come up with a few idea's but all seem to be un-necessarily complicated. Sad Does anyone have any pics or diagrams as to how I can make this work? Please, Please, Pretty please even! Grin
Thanks peep's.
Regards
Keith

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
harley gazz

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »

ave ya tried using the original one fer the bike if it pressures up yer fine.. Grin

arc eye tha noo
klogan45

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »

Hi Dynatrike, thanks for the reply .
I think that I know what you mean but the virago 535 has a lever operated rear brake and drum brakes and is not fluid operated. The lever pulls on the brake cam on the rear wheel.
regards
K

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

brock

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »

why not just use a simple rocker linkage ? , think vertical seesaw , piece of bar or strip with three holes , middle one is the pivot, lower one connected to your existing pulling rod and the top one to the brake cylinder plunger, vary the distance between holes to get more or less movement as required.
klogan45

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 09:33:07 PM »

Ha, why did'nt I think of that   Huh Could'nt see the wood for the tree's, what a knob Embarrassed  Embarrassed EmbarrassedI'm sure that will work,  simple IS best. thanks brock  Grin
Regards
K

klogan45

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:14:10 PM »

Had a lookmat setting up the rear brake on the 535, the linkage with a lever will work. Have to wait till i go back to work next week, need the lathe to machine out the central hole. Too big to drill.
Thanks again
K

klogan45

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:15:07 PM »

Bracket done and welded, linkage made, and guess what......... It works, YIPEEEEEEEEEE. I've done something right. Grin Grin

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:11:19 PM »

You don't need it now but this is a useful site for seing how variuos linkages work - fascinating too!

Flying Pig

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
klogan45

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 08:01:02 AM »

Thanks Bobbi. Had a good look and yes it is fascinating. Grin Grin
regards
K

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: