May 10, 2024, 01:06:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hack Zed 1  (Read 17487 times)
voodoo

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »

Well thought i would try a new item i got myself a while back called Crystal Ice......put it this way ive had better looking reactions than the effect you get with this stuff lol....Flatting it back to base coat and redoing it Thursday now...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
voodoo

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 12:34:10 PM »

Well had a few good months out and about on this and now its getting stripped down and a proper repaint whilst the cold weather is about......I did paint it a few months back just to freshen it up whilst I used it (Grey pearl base,Iridescent skulls etc and a purple Pearl lacquer) but now its having a full respray and some proper artwork.....Plus fitting the fairing and all the lights etc back on it that will be novel...here's a couple of pic's of how it looks ATM....Voodoo...
Nothing like the talent of Clive but then again I am new to Airbrushing as Paintwork not artwork is my thing lol
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:39:24 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »

looks great! talent in spades

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
voodoo

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »

Well I've been working on the Zed for about a week now and in all that time I still was not 100% sure what colour etc to paint it....So lined up 10 tins of paint went down the end of the workshop and threw a small magnet at them....so it now painted in Pagan Gold Kandy over Pearl Black with copper flake and various Marbleised flames etc.......still not sure if I like it but it will defiantly stand out lol.....will flat and polish it off on Sunday and post some pic's once its all bolted back together.....I've got my Red and Blue police lights and siren that I was planning on refitting but decided to use my concealed red and blue led strobes that are fitted into my spotlights as its about as far away from a police bike as it gets now and don't want to upset the police when out and about.....fingers crossed once its all back together I will grow to like it....Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »

Well should of been Flatting and polishing this today but on my final coat of clear a moments lapse in concentration and I pick up the wrong tac rag and wipe everything down ( picked up one I had just used to wipe off another spray gun I was cleaning and not the nice new clean one I had just opened doh!) 10 mins later I am looking at all my paintwork starting to pickle on me....Bollox!.....So tomorrow I shall be flatting it all off again and starting on the clearcoat once more...dont matter how many times you do something sooner or later its gonna mess up lol....luckily its only set me back a couple of days as need it all back together to go to Belgium on Friday....Voodoo....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 04:30:58 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »

That one is after it pickled ...this is before...Sorry for poor picture quality but camera is playing about...might be time for a new one as its 6 years old lol....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »

Nice. Like the colour combo.
You're riding to Belgium? I rode to Cologne & back one weekend on my Bonneville a million years ago. Came off the ferry at Ostend, Belgium & promptly rode the wrong way round the roundabout at the end of the terminal. Have fun.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »

Gotta love that pagan gold colour!! Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
voodoo

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »

Not used the gold for anything so far so nice to see what its like on my bike...went to Holland on New Years eve and this time got to nip to Belguim so decided to give the zed a run out as its not snowing atm.....its now 22-47 and I am off into the workshop to flat out that lacquer so I can get started on redoing it in the morning....ahh its so nice have heat out there at last, now got my space heater and 3 Calor gas heaters, only use the space heater and 1 of the Calor gas one's but nice to have spares...Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

After sitting back and looking at the paintwork ive now decided its not gonna be nice and shiney like my other bikes...this is now gonna be one of the strangest paintjobs ive ever done...pictures soon...Voodoo......
Went out today with the intention of refitting everything and ended up rubbing most of it back down to the primer as a ratty looking bike aint really the best way to advertise custom paintwork lol...well that and the missus moaning at me that the paint looked like S**t...So going to be starting from scratch again on the paint...seems like this bike in 2 steps forward and 3 back when I want to do anything on it, still once its done that will be it till next winter...Voodoo....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:12:11 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 10:23:46 PM »

Curious!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »

Now rubbed and scraped this back to bare metal or Plastic and damn my hands are raw, that bad I cant use my lighter atm lol......Went to Belgium today and managed to get there and back to Wiltshire in 12 hours not bad considering we had to go by Ferry have a beer and a chat once there then race back to Ferry......
After the Missus seeing it in the Pagan Gold she now wants her Trike that colour so I had to find something else to paint it in....so hunted through all my paint refernece charts and found nothing that leapt out at me...then decided to check out a few of my suppliers and found something very different to the norm, Ordered it and when I got home yesterday was greeted with a parcel containing my new Paint, so fingers crossed I will get stuck in tomorrow....Going to acid etch everything then Putty coat then its time for high build primer...leave it a day or 2 to go off properly...flat it back then its time to decide on base coat and what overall effect I want...once that's all done I will attack it with my new paint and see how it looks...will post pic's on various stages etc, but for now its off to bed as knackered....Voodoo.....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:32:40 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »

Today was spent mostly cleaning up my workshop as there was dust from all that rubbing down everywhere....when I did finally managed to get something done all I did was spray the Acid etch, so a lot less done today than I had hoped....Tomorrow I will flat that out and Barcoat it just to be safe, then its spray putty to fill any defects I did not spot...Voodoo....
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:35:12 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »

Todays progress......first lot are bar coated, for those not familiar with this stuff it is designed to stop reactions from old paint etc for surfaces you are going to paint.......Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »

Pic's are a pain atm as my pic reduction thing stopped working so sorry for multipul posts....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: