May 09, 2024, 08:21:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Clive's Chopper Build  (Read 17013 times)
tony b

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »

its off a suzuki mate ,the badges just screw off ,you will have fo fill the holes under them .

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
Clive

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

its off a suzuki mate

REALLY!!!!!! Grin Grin  Roll Eyes Grin Grin Kind of meant what model Suzuki!!

Thanks for the bit about the badges though!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
toad

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »

clive i reckon that could possibly be a gn250/400 might have a cap to fit gimme a day to track it down Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Clive

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »

Someone else has said a GN400 too!! Will wait out!!!

Next question. Any top tips for getting the stupid allen-y type bolts out of the brake discs? And before someone (Tony Cheesy) says use an allen key thing, I've bent two of them trying, and still not a smidge of movement!!!!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hunter

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

impact driver.is the only answer when they are that tight.

I
tony b

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »

use an alan key ,the type that go into a ten mill socket,you can then use a strong arm extention and crack the bolt that way mate ,,,,,,,,,see im not always useless,lol,try to heat it up aswell mate

it wasnt me ,you cant prove it;
Clive

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »

Thanks buddy, I'll give that a try, as soon as I can lift my head off the pillow for ten minutes! Got Man-flu, and it's really knocked me for six!!!!!! (Must be getting old  Undecided)

Clive

Clive

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2010, 10:27:40 AM »

Right, am finally feeling better!!!!! Grin Grin

So I now have some serious catching up to do on my timescale for this project!! (After finishing Valleysboy's tee shirt!! Cheesy)

A visit to Toad produced the forks I'm after (and some other bits, cheers buddy!!), and I now have a complete second engine in the garage (which is unfortunately in complete kit form, I mean Haynes manual style!) which will take some of my time up I'm sure, seeing as I've NEVER built one before!!

Dropped the frame off to be sandblasted today, and intend to make a big dent in the work this weekend!!!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »

Got the frame back from blasting today!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day22.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

And I have to somehow get ALL this

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day222.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

into this

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day223.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Clive
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:57:10 PM by Clive » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

What's happened to the Sportster tank the bike came with Clive?
Nice clean engine -blasted or painted? Just shovel the bits into it. It'll be fine.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »

That's how to do it isn't it! Shove them in, fire it up, and they'll all sort themselves out into order!! Kind of hope so as that's what I was planning to do!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The engine was pretty clean when I got it, but it's got a coat of VHT aluminium paint on now, the same as my last chop. Just think the black engines that kawasaki did always look grotty!

As for the tank, it's now got a 'mustang' style one to go on (Thanks to Mr Toad  Smiley). The sportster one is going begging if you, or anyone else wants it? It's got quite a 'classic' paint job on it, the cap has been painted over the rust, but has the tap too!!

Clive

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »

I love the Sportster tank shape -perfect chop style I reckons.
Haven't got a project to fit it at the moment, but interested if it's cheap! Wouldn't it be ideal to display your painting skills on at the Basingstoke Transport Festival?

Clive

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »

As posted elsewhere, I think I'll loaf around the MMM stand, instead of taking a stand myself ( not 100% certain yet though!)!

Cheap! How about payment in advance for some help maybe in the future!!!

Clive

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 10:50:18 PM »

Can't see I could ever be of help! Swap it for your merchandise order?

Clive

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »

Sold to the man with bits of Jaffa cake in his teeth!!

Clive

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: