May 09, 2024, 10:37:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Joys of a Brit  (Read 16944 times)
voodoo

« on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

Sheesh I now remember why I stopped riding Brit bikes, yesterday it started second kick...today worn my self out over the past 2 hours & all the bloody thing did was kick back on me once & refused to start.....Leg is now throbbing like a bitch...
Just as well I planned on stripping & going over everything on the bike whilst i get the paint sorted out....
Being me i dont plan on going for the normal Bobber look i want mine to be in your face & not easily missed lol.....Will post some pic's soon as its underway properly...
I spent an hour with some autosolve & damn its real nice under all the dirt, its been in storage since the mid eightys & was only dragged out a short while back, carbs cleaned, fresh fuel & a decent battery & it was all up & running...Bonus...
Got a very nice origional alloy front wheel & excellent condition classic headlight...engine cases came up nice with a quick wipe over...Oil box is junk so gotta get a new one, its got a La Rosa single seat with it but not the colour i want so gotta get a new one...Exhaust are a 2 into 1 atm so probably going to change them...Just ordered New tyres as not something i would trust after in storage that long....Frame is good with no rust but probably going to get that powder coated as dont want it in Black.......All in all very happy with my new poject & actually excited about getting stuck into the build........Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »

Let's see it then mate!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:16:54 PM »

Heres a pic or 3
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/voodooist666/Triumph%20T140%20Bonnie%20Build/IMG_5154.jpg
Joys of a Brit

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/voodooist666/Triumph%20T140%20Bonnie%20Build/IMG_5155.jpg
Joys of a Brit

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/voodooist666/Triumph%20T140%20Bonnie%20Build/IMG_5137.jpg
Joys of a Brit
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:18:55 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
fifer

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:18 PM »

Looks like a good easy project  Smiley
The art of tickling carbs soon comes back to you  Grin

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
voodoo

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »

Well had a good day working on it, got it 90% stripped down now, just finished prepping my Sportster tank & Rear Mudguard & struts, tommorrow plan is to etch them & get them primed up ready for paintwork, finish stripping it down & get frame in to powdercoat,not 100% sure but might end up powdercoating the wheels, but would need to get another front wheel as would not want to ruin that rim thats on it....Will only get the rim coated & relace the wheels with new Stainless spokes & polish up the hubs...
If everything goes ok the plan is to take it to Popham show in Aug.....Oh well off for a shower then a soak in the bath.....Voodoo.......

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 06:01:06 PM »

Todays progress:
etched & primed bits that need painting ( Tank & Mudguard )...
Removed & stripped carbs, now sitting on bench waiting to go into my ultrasonic cleaner tommorrow.
Ordered a new Battery.
Ordered new Tyres.
Ordered new back light
Ordered new Speedo.
Now about to hunt out a new Oilbox & some new grips on Ebay....
So not a huge amount but every little bit helps get it done
With any luck my paint will arrive tommorrow & I can get it flatted out & the mid coat applied ready for final colour
Hunting for a pre 1973 Triumph V5 or V5 & frame if I have to as want a decent plate on it & not a Q......Voodoo......
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:06:32 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »

Would be good to meet up again at Popham mate.

voodoo

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »

Well my plan is to have it all on the road within the next couple of weeks, if that happens will also go to that show next month for United Cruisers....So yep be good to see some of you lot again...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
nabsim

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »

It wasn't only Brit stuff Voodoo, my KH400 would decide it needed 20 odd kicks whenever I had full waterproofs on. Only good thing being a 2 stroke it was an easy kick

voodoo

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »

Modern bike riders dont realise how lucky they are with that electric start lol...
Well another day of working on paintwork, got all ready to start the base colour when I noticed a tiny pin hole in the primer so, back it went onto the rubbing down stand & spent a couple of hours with stopper & 1000 grit paper making sure it was perfect...
Then spent another couple of hours filling & flatting my Oil Box so thats now ready for Primer ect...
New Smiths White faced 80mph Speedo has arrived & very happy with it...Oh plus new kick & gear change rubbers are here...
With any luck I will get the Base & midcoats on the tinware tommorrow & make a start cleaning up the back & front wheels...was going to get them powdercoated along with the frame but firm I use cant get them in for another 2 weeks, so decided to build it up & run it for the summer as it is then strip & redo frame & wheels in the winter........
Still got to make new rear mudguard supports as did not like the set that were with it or my first set I made, as got to be able to carry a passenger when the mood takes me, & if they are prepared to sit on a solid lump of leather 6" x 4" with about 1/2" of padding lol...
Going to remove all the engine cases & make a start on polishing soon as I can then its just the joys of putting it all back together & hoping I dont end up with bits left over lol.......
Managed to get the reg details sorted so its on a year plate & not a Q as I was able to prove what year the engine was so its been dated on that......Will stick some more pic's on soon as I start rebuilding it all....Voodoo.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:08:30 PM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »

Well wasted most of today trying to remove the front wheel, it has jap forks on it & the are a 12mm allen bolt on the wheel spindle, I can undo the left hand one but the right is solid & its not the good old tap it through wheel bolt...gggrrrrr......Also did a complete degrease on the frame & wheels, & drained the oil...
My new tyres have arrived so gotta get that wheel off no matter what....Also got my new rear light through, & in the next few days going to make up a new side mount number plate bracket & get the light fitted.....
Right been up allnight so off for a kip l8r all....
Right Ive come up with a plan not that cunning but at least I have one.....Going to remove the Forks & then lift the leg off of the one I can undo so I can then remove the tyre & fit the new one...sounds simple?...I mean what can go wrong???...hhhmmm think it might be a day of swearing & confusion again lol......Voodoo....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:12:39 AM by voodoo » Logged

Custom Paint Spraying...
voodoo

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »

Quick update....Fork now removed properly & Tyres fitted......Numberplate mount made....Front footpegs sorted......I ended up not likeing the Colour I painted it in so its now all back in Grey Primer......Oil tank now sorted......Dual seat now sorted ( but sticking with the solo seat atm)..Ive rubbed down the Fork leg lowers to paint up to match bike colour.....Not really a huge amount left to do on it now before I start to put it back together....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 09:33:36 AM »

Piccies!

voodoo

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 12:10:32 PM »

All tinware is now is Purple Pearl, all brackets that needed repainting are rubbed down ready to prime & paint tmrw...made a start polishing bits but probably another day or two on that..Will upload some pic's soon as Ive clearcoated the Tins...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:11 AM »

Piccies!
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/w123-e-ce-d-cd-td/201250d1224730070-fuse-diagram-thread-useless-without-pictures.jpg
Joys of a Brit

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: