May 14, 2024, 12:20:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: hard sad decision  (Read 8795 times)
zakboy

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 05:29:21 AM »

I would like to thank each one of you for your thoughts, your own personal experiences, and the poems, i know this was not a manky thing and I'm not generally sentimental, but i guess we can all find a weakness in our armor when the chips are down, I think i needed just to reach out and for some one to say and agree that the decision i  was making was the right one, your comments gave me that and more, it took me three days to make the decision at the same time trying to be strong for my wife Cal, i was unable to shed a tear in that time, your comments made it easy and i could barely get through them, i know not every one is an animal lover and i know for those that are not will find it hard to understand why losing a dog can be so difficult, but for the ones among us that are there simply part of the family,the days ahead will be tough why we try to adapt to not having zak around but we know that as time passes it will get easier and we can remember him for the faithful, loyal, selfless, member of the family he was, so again on behalf Cal and my self i thank each of you. KEV......................PS Gnasher 6, Steve & Manda i hope little Ashby is well and i hope you have her for a long time to come as i know how devastating it will be for you both when her time comes, Steve i know you had a soft spot for zak as he had for you, and i thank you for the kindness you showed him when he was with us.......all the best Kev
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:42:07 AM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Al

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »

real shame zac and sorry  a real hard decision to make
al
DIZZY

Ride it like you want it

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »

Sorry Zakboy that im so far down the sympathy list but i found my self well choked at reading your sad position that i had to leave it a while  to post my thoughts.

I've been there done that and said I'd never have another dog the loss was too much,but 10yrs later weve got one and wouldnt be with out her.

My advice.......for what its worth........get another one and give it a good home ,you won't regret it  Wink best wishes.   

Dizzy
zakboy

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 04:21:48 AM »

Thank you AL and Dizzy your thoughts are very much appreciated,all the best to you both from my wife and myself  Smiley kev

panthershaun

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »

can't say a word Zak, every time I try i get all choked up..... still miss each and every animal/bird that has passed through my life but I still wouldn't be without another as they just enrich your life like nothing else can... s**t I'm welling up now... Cry Cry RIP ZAK xxx

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
zakboy

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 04:15:54 AM »

Thank you for your kind thoughts panthershaun, i can very much relate to them, i have always had animals around me they do bring so much pleasure to the animal lover,s among us and it,s very difficult when we lose them and it can only take other animal lovers to fully understand our loss, like your self i remember each and every one i have lost and it as always hit me hard and i always say never again but just can not be with out them....Thank you again for your kind thoughts on behalf of my self and my wife.  Smiley kev

RODeo

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:42 AM »

Well,I said 'no more animals' ,but for the last couple of nights,a seemingly stray,very friendly cat who Ive named for some strange reason,Sidney Thomas  has been hanging around. I complained and moaned that SWMBO and my daughter have been feeding it on the sly,but as my missus was writing the shopping list this morning ,I said "You'd better put cat food on the list ,but only the cheapo stuff(yeah right!I can see her getting the cheap stuff!)........Here we go again!! Roll Eyes I just cant see animals hurt or left uncared for,but it bloody hurts when they go!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:34:42 AM by RODeo » Logged
zakboy

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »

It looks like Sidney Thomas as found his self a loving caring family, i know where your coming from Rod its very difficult to leave an animal to fend for its self and as you say it hurts when we lose them, but we just can not help putting our selves through it time and time again,my mother as always said to me if you found an elephant walking up the street you would take it home she,s been saying it since i was a kid and still says it now,... best of luck with Sidney Thomas I'm sure he will bring your family a lot of enjoyment.all the best kev

Cabman77

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »

Can`t imagine Mrs Rod buying the cheapo catfood Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
spanners

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 03:16:20 PM »

Can`t imagine Mrs Rod buying the cheapo catfood Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

and rod thought that was ,best, tuna in his tuna and mayo sandwich       Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
madron

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »

well i am sat here strokin our latest addition while wife is helping our other dog de bordeaux deliver her puppies and thinkin of all my pets that have past away with tears in my eyes lost me bestest to a speeding car in 88 and still get twinges in my fingers where he used to nuzzle my hand when he  wanted to go out so i know what your feeling but as my old man said life goes on and i wouldnt  no couldnt be without animals in my life and i bet your the same hope this makes sense if not just ignore my waffling
Clive

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »

Sorry to be a little tardy in my reply but like others, can't do it without welling up a bit and I didn't web have to make that 'hardest' decision!!

When I ended up getting divorced, my ex-wife refused to look after my 3 Siberian huskies, as I had to move back into military accommodation! So had to give them away, the two little ones weren't too bad but letting the eldest one go almost destroyed me, probably more so than the divorce! In fact am welling up now!!!

So my deepest sympathies are with you buddy!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
zakboy

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »

Hi Madron thank you for your kind thoughts, i am so surprised that there are so many animal lovers among us hear at MMM it,s a very comforting feeling to know there are so many of you that care for animals with the same passion as my self,i think my self lucky that i have been able to own so many animals over the years. horses were my work for many years and can still remember every horse that passed through my hands or that i came in to contact with for one reason or another. I also have a passion for parrots and have owned and bred many diffrent species from cockatiels to Guatemalan Amazons and once had a young red lored amazon one of a few red loreds that i have had,it had just been imported and had gone through quarantine in Holland But a couple of weeks later from taking delivery it developed psittacosis I picked up on the signs it was showing and took it to the vet to get it confirmed once confirmed the vet by law has to report psittacosis to the local authority's as in certain circumstances it can be fatal to humans, the Americans once considered Psittacosis as an agent for its  biological weapons program before the program was suspended, anyway we had a choice we could treat the bird with a drug called ornecure or have the bird destroyed we chose to treat it although we new it would be difficult as the bird stops eating and drinking with the infection and soon die if you can not treat them,so the wife and i isolated the bird in the bedroom away from the other parrots as it is very contagious, we had to force feed and water the parrot with a crop tube four times a day for about three weeks before it started to recover,it made a fully recovered and went on to a customer they still have the parrot to day.this was just one of the rewarding experiences that i have had through my passion for animals.all the best zak
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:09:59 PM by zakboy » Logged

zakboy

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »

Sorry to be a little tardy in my reply but like others, can't do it without welling up a bit and I didn't web have to make that 'hardest' decision!!

When I ended up getting divorced, my ex-wife refused to look after my 3 Siberian huskies, as I had to move back into military accommodation! So had to give them away, the two little ones weren't too bad but letting the eldest one go almost destroyed me, probably more so than the divorce! In fact am welling up now!!!

So my deepest sympathies are with you buddy!!
Thank you for your thoughts Clive they are very much appreciated by my wife and my self, i know how difficult it must have been for you in your loss. all the best kev & cal
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:17:20 PM by zakboy » Logged

madron

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »

i was brought up on farms where culling was a neccessity and i bred rabbits for the table so i have been on other side aswell i have kept n bred thousands of reptiles and mice rats hamsters gerbils budgies scorpions goats ponies and others i cant think of at moment but what i am trying to say is my PETS  are a totally different thing as they are like my extended family already lost eldest son so you get a clearer picture but life goes on so chin up mate it does get easier not better and i have so many fond memories to think back on when ever i need to
 and my baby had 11 puppies but sadly 4 stillborn and 2 of them were twins the others are doing great tho
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:41:12 PM by madron » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: