May 14, 2024, 04:00:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: the worst i remember  (Read 6879 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Phew!

Glad to hear the van's still there Mike!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Phew!

Glad to hear the van's still there Mike!

so am i would have been 15k down the pan Shocked

couple of the elderly locals have exchanged phone numbers with us and will keep us informed of everything and anything that happens. as they walk through the site every day rain or shine ..

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
poprodder

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »

great news mike,

get a dehumidifier in that car.

scannerzer

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

It's back gale force wind and it's snowing . How pleasant
the coppersmith

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »

lost the garage roof last night, well part of it. Both kit cars still safe, few damp boxes of tools, and water dripping off the fuse box! Then the storm was gone, moon came out, temp. dropped so a quick survey and back to bed. This morning it all looks worse then it did last night. New roof needed, probably a rewire, new consumer unit and empty the tools of water and damp. Big machine mart tarp is now encasing the shell so hopefully keep most of the elements out until I can afford a couple of grand to get it all fixed, Am I insured for storm damage? or will they try and wriggle out of this? Merry Christmas?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »

Blowin' a gale down here in the normally mild South last night too. Fingers crossed for a dry Christmas for everyone.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
scannerzer

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »

lost the garage roof last night, well part of it. Both kit cars still safe, few damp boxes of tools, and water dripping off the fuse box! Then the storm was gone, moon came out, temp. dropped so a quick survey and back to bed. This morning it all looks worse then it did last night. New roof needed, probably a rewire, new consumer unit and empty the tools of water and damp. Big machine mart tarp is now encasing the shell so hopefully keep most of the elements out until I can afford a couple of grand to get it all fixed, Am I insured for storm damage? or will they try and wriggle out of this? Merry Christmas?

gutted for you coppersmith we lost some tiles from the house last week and i had to go out last night an tie down the roof of a shed at an empty property next to ours,more for my good than theirs.

hope you insurance don't try to get out of it that would be really unfair
merv

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 10:04:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about what's happen to your garage, hope its not to long before it gets sorted, I got a tarp over mine

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
the coppersmith

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »

insurance man as been and reckons Roll Eyes, no chance. The roof is over 15 years old and taking that into account etc. etc. etc. So I phoned my friendly builder and got a quote the wrong side of £2000, cash like mate. no paperwork, nudge, wink. So, the tarpaulin stays for a few weeks or that lottery win comes good.
merv

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2013, 01:16:41 PM »

not what you wanted to hear  Shocked Sad

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
scannerzer

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

not indeed.what's being over 15 got to do with anything?
the coppersmith

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 09:30:39 AM »

seems over ten years its then classed as "fair wear and tear". Several neighbours have been getting the same response but only on the garage roofs not on the house roofs that have been damaged. Flat roofs are only meant to last ten years according to bob the builder!
Olds

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 07:10:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about the garage roof.
If you get some good weather, it's not difficult to DIY, but at this time of year that may be unlikely.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »

I always understood that flat roofs should last 20 years!  Our garage one lasted a lot longer than that.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »

Ten years was always a safety margin,
If you got longer then you were lucky,
Today's method using fiberglass is much easier,
And simple to repair.

I
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: