May 13, 2024, 09:17:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Rods campervan conversion.  (Read 8350 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 12:47:46 PM »

Tidy that Rod, when can I hire it! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
ROD

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »

Thanks everyone! I estimate theres about 200 hours in it so far.Cost so far £120for the interior, but a few bits I had, and 120 ncludes about 80 for the seat foam! Everything else is scrounged or liberated from other sources!Theres a lot of lateral thinking in there!
I decided to do it to suit us, as opposed to looking 'motorhomeish' , hence the cosy look , not all austere and cold looking. I also wanted it to have a leaning toward the gypsy vardo caravans.Its gradually turning out hippyish looking, which I really like.SO due to the reg having the letters KYJ in it its been dubbed the slippy hippy trippy truck! As you can guess my offspring are appalled!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 01:48:00 PM by ROD » Logged
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »

Well, that yet another bonus then, Rod!! Grin Grin ,me, I adhere to the philosophy that It was always my intention to, hopefully!, live long enough to become a burden to my children!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin......Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
ROD

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »

Yep,the more they whince,the more I turn the thumbscrews...love it! Grin Grin Grin Grin

ROD

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »

Bit more done today.Shower walls and base lined.Fitted a couple of window frames to let more light in at the rear area of the van.
klogan45

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »

Looking good Rod, as for the offspring.....well.... That is what they are for Grin

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
ROD

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »

Slow  going today, not a lot done.Been trying to line the roof of the shower, but cant seem to spend too long looking up as start to feel nauseas so had to come indoors.The joys of getting older eh?
ROD

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »

o heres were Im at with this project...
 Working toward the back,next to the cooker is the stacking box storage. You can just make out the pole which prevents the boxes sliding out. Next to this is the toilet.No door ,as theres only 2 of us !
 Rack above the cooker is from a lump of Herras fencing mesh. I put hooks hanging from it for cups etc.Works well.
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3685_zpsd52ef6eb.jpg
Rods campervan conversion.

This side has the sink with water storage below. The black pipe is for topping up the other under sink tank with warm water for showering.The shower is beyond the sink. I raised the roof of this area ,so the shower area is now easy to stand up in.The water will be solar heated by black taped plastic bottles stored on the dash top! I tried it it works great even on a partially sunny day,so should be very hot in Spain etc!
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3686_zps160e84a3.jpg

These are the blinds  made from plastic conduit and nylon (cos it was what I had around!they roll up and work fine.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3687_zpsc70ceb88.jpg

I built this swing away wheel carrier as the underfloor storage for the wheel is hard to access.Luckily I checked it,as the clamp etc holding the wheel was rusted solid and I had to drill it out,so no way would I have been able to do that roadside! The bracket locks to the bumper ,so an extra thief proofing for the tailgate!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3697_zps43a9d93f.jpg

Got these pen lights..very bright leds ..mounted a couple of them on flexy stems from an old desk lamp. Theyre only aa batt powered ,but are exactly right for night time loo visits,and making up the bed generally.I have fitted a extra battery with split charger,but only power the sink and shower pumps from it at present.

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3704_zps395ffdd3.jpg

ssential items for booze! held in a couple of racks I bent up from wire and topped off with some dice from the boot sale!

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/Jamesons11/IMG_3705_zps5cd7b1ea.jpg

Well thats the basic gist of what Ive done. Some bits have worked well,others we've had to alter or add after a couple of trial weekend trips.Its not yer traditional camper interior,cos I deliberately wanted a homely look .swmbo isnt particularly enthralled with some bits,but I like it! I add bits of dross as and when I come across them !
 Theres loads more stuff Ive done ,e.g. it has 240v hook up [just because really],also lots of storage for odds and sods ,cutlery,tools,mud mats,hose for water top up etc etc but these pics are the basics.
scannerzer

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 08:15:42 PM »

that looks a super job Rob ,it's giving me bad ideas as i have a caravan i could salvage the interior from,time to hit gumtree and find me a cheap van! well done on a nice conversion
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

I'd be inclined to put a door on the loo even if it's only the two of you - not for privacy, more for, erm, odour control!

Not nice to have to spend the night with it if one of you does a smelly one!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ROD

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »

Lol, theres a story attached to that.... Grin ahem!
Anyway, theres no room for a door, and experience tells me that unless the door fits perfectly it wont prevent odours unless you have an extract fan.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »

Take air freshener!   Shocked Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
andyrennison

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »

Looking good Rod. Like the swing out wheel carrier. Why is your wine glass smaller that the missusis?

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
ROD

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »

Cos shes the p**s head! Grin
trev

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:49 AM »

well done rod,looks really good.

yes but can blue men sing the whites?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: