May 14, 2024, 08:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The new MankyMobile.  (Read 8269 times)
wizzkitt

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 07:41:43 PM »

'Corse it was Andy! An old girlfriend had a Zodiac Hearse with black plumes an all even better I think sadly no pic's of that one.

I had a Ford Cardinal hearse for a year or so. Brilliant thing, still kitted out with the double deck and used to go like hell. People got out of the way too.  Grin

Quote from: Saddlebags
I test drove a 2.8 injection when i was looking but just didnt seem as raw as the old 3.0

I've got a 2.8i myself. Been threatening to sell it for ages (it's lowered which isn't ideal for where I live) but I love it. Great fun, and quicker than a three litre.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:10 PM »

Hi Wizz.
I've got a mate who used to be a hearse driver. Used to tell people he was a get-away driver for the body snatchers!
Loony, Ska Man's son's got a Fiesta in typical boy racer trim. He's got a spare set of skirts & arches -drop it to the ground, big boom box in the back, blacked out windows?  Grin I don't think so!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
lunatic

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »

Not exactly the look I was thinking of! But if you really want to join the boy racer set! Tongue
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 10:29:47 AM »

I don't venture on Ebay very often but might see if there's any very, very cheap doors to replace the rusty driver's one. That'd sort the dodgy door lock prob at the same time. So maybe a quick respray but only if it goes through the MOT O.K

Desperate

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2006, 08:36:41 PM »

I had a nice Capri many years ago. I had to sit in the back, as it was fitted with a V12 Jag. Sadly, no pictures, but here's one of my Austin Princess Hearse. All original except I opened the tailgate and emptied a tin of red paint so it ran out the back like spilt blood. There was actually another set of rollers under the floor so it would carry two coffins (one concealed).

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2006, 09:25:39 PM »

Is that the double deck Wizz was talking about? Never heard of that before.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 06:48:01 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »

Is that the double deck Wizz was talking about? Never heeard of that before.

That's it. You couldn't half get a lot of shopping in the back.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

Grin

Desperate

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2006, 08:14:32 AM »

If you look at the picture, there's a panel under the loading door. It's a concealed door so you can slide another customer under the floor. Bugger.....always regretted selling that!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 10:06:02 PM »

That's a bit of a swizz isn't it?! If I'd booked a ride in a big posh hearse I'd at least expect a window seat, not to ride in the boot with the spare wheel. Story of my life, (& after-life), though -always economy class.   Sad

Desperate

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2006, 06:41:17 AM »

Also pretty handy for sneaking your mates into Santa Pod!

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 07:24:50 AM »

Also pretty handy for sneaking your mates into Santa Pod!

Wow Chris, dont tell me you used to do that as well !!!! hehehehehee
I aint been to the pod for....too long really. I remember one time there when I had terrible toothache, it was when Sammy ran some pretty quick time in his rocket car, (3.31sec @ 299.9 mph?Huh?? maybe wrong as it was long time ago,can anyone correct me??) didnt want to miss any racing so I found someone who reluctantly loaned me some pliers and I pulled it out right there, wiped the blood off and handed them back to an open mouth mechanic in the "playpen". If that mechanic happens to be reading this..."Thanks again" Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2006, 09:20:39 PM »

Bit of a result with the van today. Was at Stevie's place, (the mandolin playing, Bonny riding Stevie, not my brother), & happened to mention the door locks on my Fiesta are a bit iffy. The driver's door only opens from the inside & the passenger door lock feels a little suspect too. He delved into his spares collection & came up with a full set of matching locks, 2 front doors, tailgate, ignition & even locking petrol cap, with keys. Top chap! So I'll have a go at fitting them tomorrow.

STEViE

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 12:18:55 AM »

You're only too welcome mate.
Reg is gonna turn up a spacer for my front wheel. Hopin' he may take pity an' do it tomorrow. If he does that leaves me to sort out the Torre Canyon/Exxon Valdez style oil leak(s) it has in the afternoon after work.

If that's possible then I may be on it at the Ali Bongo's MCC 'Show Us Your Bongo's' do at Evesham.   Grin

But we'll see. Damn, can't find an emoticon for hopful   Smiley
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 12:20:48 AM by STEViE » Logged

Bye bye darlin' I'm goin' far away
I'm headin' out upon my bike an' Im leavin' here today
I said bye bye darlin' I've really got to go
'cos I'm headin' out upon that open road
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 12:18:57 PM »

Grin
Hi Stevie,
Just got home from work -what a horrendous day. Wish yuo bloomin'customers wouldn't get so much poxy mail!  Sad
Got to go & post some MMMotors shirts off then I'll be heading for the garage to have a go at those locks. Thanks again for those matey.
Best of luck with the oil leak! Reckon you'll just have to do a few more gigs & invest in a dry belt drive set-up!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: