May 15, 2024, 02:35:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of transport 10th May 2009  (Read 24845 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »

Photos online over the next couple of days. We're off to bed now! Absolutely shattered.
Hope you all got home safely.
As Taz has said here & I've said in other threads, you lot are all absolute stars. We did our best to get to you all, but if we missed anyone -thank you. Thanks for making it a bloomin' brilliant day.
Can't wait to do it all again next year!  Grin G'night all.  Kiss
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:14:15 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
goforest

« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2009, 12:20:36 PM »

Great day THANK YOU Andy and Taz I'll try and be a bit more organized next year and give you a hand,is that the only show you have a stand on
panthershaun

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »

Cry Cry Cry wished I could have made it, but time in the workshop is so scarce at the moment I felt it had to be done Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes but maybe I will be there with the pop and something else Wink next year Grin Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2009, 07:21:07 PM »

Another great day out, we enjoyed meeting up with everyone. The exhaust/artificial coal paint stayed the course Cheesy
Thanks Andy & Taz for the doughnuts/jaffacakes  Grin

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
littlest triker

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2009, 08:35:26 PM »

Thanks for another great day out, and the lovely donuts. Everyone at work today wanted to know where I'd been to get sunburn, heehee. Photos are on their way
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2009, 11:09:40 PM »

Our pleasure  Wink
I've had a couple of days of just 2 or 3 hours sleep a night & today was my first day back at work after a week off, so I fell asleep on the sofa when I got home this afternoon! It's my age you know. Woke up mid evening when Taz came home from work & I'm still a bit woozy, so apologies for not posting more today.
I promise we'll sort out a write-up for this event, plus the recent MonkeyWorld run, in the next few days. If you were at the Basingstoke show & have any photos you'd like to share with us, bung 'em on a disc & post them, (PM us for the address), or email them if you only have a few. We'll make up photo galleries for them all. Also, why not jot down your take on the day. Just a few sentences, or a 3 page essay. Up to you. Did you enjoy the show? Had you been before? Any problems or constructive criticisms for the organisers -or us? What was your favourite show vehicle? (I quite fancy one of the 30 ton Antar tank transporters myself). Will you be back next year? How was your journey there & back? Are you as sunburnt as I am? We'll add any we receive to the photos.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »

Definitely not planning on doing any work in the shed for the next couple of days. Lots to catch up on here, plus Taz & I need some time to recover! Normal service will be resumed soon though, promise. Got to push on & get all our projects finished ready for next year's show!
I spoke to one of the organisers today & he reckoned there were 100 trade stalls, 1,000 vehicles & around 20,000 visitors -& all for free. Certainly lots of people there, but that sounds a very high figure. I'll grab the local paper when it comes out on Thursday & see what they say.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:56 PM »

Almost forgot -everyone who had a vehicle booked in to the show was entitled to a commemorative brass plaque, (about 2" x 3"). I know most of you claimed them, but if anyone missed out, we've got a couple of spares here. PM us & we'll send you one.

goforest

« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2009, 12:20:26 PM »

I wouldn't mind one of them if it's spare
JayJay

« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2009, 12:59:34 PM »

Hi All,

It was a lovely day and it was great to see so many vehicles in the Manky section - maybe my trike will be there next year.  It was nice meeting owners of names I have seen on the site and thanks to all those brains I picked!   

I really enjoyed looking at the lorries and trucks and I think I am with you Andy, those Antars were something else.  There were lots of interesting stalls as well which was fun - I am now the proud owner of some skull braces.

My arms (and other sensitive bits) are bright red so from now on (even if it is raining) I must wear sun tan lotion.  I am going to Tunisia in July so if British May sun is anything to go by I will be looking like a lobster even with sun cream in July.  We had a nice picnic by Chevy Rick's Nadine - got to think about what we are going to eat next weekend at Hayling now though.  Really looking forward to that as I have never been there.  Hope the weather is as good.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos posted for Basingstoke, JayJay  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2009, 03:45:37 PM »

No problem Mr Forest. PM me your address & I'll get one in the post to you.
Nice to see you too JJ  Smiley Sorry to interrupt your picnic lunch with Rick on Sunday. Smiley You guys make a nice couple -we don't get many lady trikists here! Know what you mean about the sunburn. The back of my neck was definitely a bit stingy on Monday morning. I'm a typical British tourist -never go brown, just different shades of red.  Sad
I'll be at the Hayling Island rod run on Sunday, possibly with Lunatic in tow cos Taz will be working. I believe Dave & Janie are going too.

65nova

« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

Count me in for next year !! Great day out  Grin
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »

Ive just had email from Justine from Hampshire Bygones, she was awarded prize for best club stand. Maybe we had better have ballons on our stand next year Wink Grin
Anyway, it was cracking day... I think you'll all agree Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

She brought the trophy over to gloat show it off, then turned camera shy & wouldn't let Taz photograph her with the cup. Maybe we need a theme for next year.
I wanted to create a metal Monkey sculpture of some sort, maybe built from old car & bike parts, but just ran out of time. Maybe we need to start preparing now.  Smiley

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009, 06:09:26 AM »

YEP!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: