May 11, 2024, 02:15:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 1444 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« on: August 21, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »

Just returned from a weeks visit to Ireland, and found Ocar Wilde languishing in a Dublin park!!

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »

That's a great statue. So much more interesting than the usual more formal ones. Is he painted, or made from different types of stone?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »

I believe he's painted,Mr. M, and his shoes are so real looking that you feel you could put them on! We also went to the University to see The Book of Kells, written and illustrated by Monks in 800AD and amazing in quality and substance, really, fascinating! Dublin was brilliant.....Morrag

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »

Another item that interested me was this watch tower,(no not the Jimmi Hendrix one!), that I found in an ancient church yard in the Wicklow mountains. Its not an early Irish attempt at a "moonshot" either!, these towers are dotted about the countryside, and were used,they believe, to give early warning of Viking, or similar, raiders on the prowl !!....

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

Oops, forgot the pic!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: