May 17, 2024, 08:37:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564968 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8295 on: August 31, 2015, 12:09:29 PM »

Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8296 on: September 03, 2015, 07:14:36 PM »

Still plodding on. Still thoroughly fed up with filling & rubbing down.
The original plan was just to tidy up the area around the dashboard & spray it green, so that I don't have to dismantle it again once it's up & running, but that's kinda run away with me a bit. I keep thinking I'll just sort out this bit, then the upholstery can go in & not have to come out again for a while ..& if I'm doing that bit, I might as well do this bit too...
The tubular framework inside the cab, (looks like a rollcage, but it actually just supports the body so we can lift it off the chassis in one piece when needed), is very nearly done. It's not perfect, but reasonable. I took out the footwell panels the other day to get them upholstered, which gave me access to part of the chassis to paint it, but also meant I've ended up tidying the front door pillars. Most of this will be covered by various panels, but some edges will show, so may as well be green while I've got the chance to do it.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8297 on: September 03, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »

I can't see any holes though ? Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8298 on: September 03, 2015, 07:24:35 PM »

That's cos I've filled 'em all up!
I'm doing a spot of welding too. These aren't the original doors we built the cab around.
These aren't the doors you're looking for.
The swage line doesn't line up with the one we added around the back of the cab, though I'm sure it must've when we fitted it. So I've cut above & below it & tweaked it down about 10mm. While I was at it, I also cut down the length of the door shut & pulled the body skin out to meet the back edge of the door cos the door was standing proud of the bodywork by about 10mm in places. The body swage line needs a bit more filling to try & get it to sweep into the door a little better, but it's getting there. Still go the driver's side to do.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8299 on: September 03, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »

We switched doors cos we weren't very happy with our go at chopping the originals & a better pair came up on Ebay. Once I'd stripped the filler off them though, they turned out to be no better than the originals. I've got some metal interior window trims to weld in & new window channels, with opening quarter lights to make up, so the doors will be coming off, one at a time, for rebuilding at some point, but not important at the moment.
Wasn't planning on painting the whole cab just yet, but would like it all green before we go to Holland in November. So each time I've had filler left over, I've been using it on the roof. A couple of small ripples still to smooth out, but it's not that far off. Hopefully it doesn't look like a mish mash of different panels now -1950s Ford body with a 1960s Rover roof centre section & a 1970s Morris cab back.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:56:27 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8300 on: September 03, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »

So not abandoned, as some people have wondered, just quietly progressing with not much worth photographing.  Smiley

stinkey

« Reply #8301 on: September 03, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »

Well I for one think it looks cool.. Cool..just use the thing..nobody gives a poo,poo if it's not finished ( whatever that is ? )

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8302 on: September 03, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »

Abandoned!  How could anyone think that?   If you decided not to finiash a project, you'd have flogged it to someone who DID want to do it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8303 on: September 03, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »

Cheesy Mr Baychimp -how's my ex trike coming on?!

the coppersmith

« Reply #8304 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:34 AM »

It takes as long as it takes, I rushed a build and was,in fact still am, unhappy with so much, I intend to start again, but its proving so reliable I hate to stop using it. But, that's how I spot all the (minor) flaws.
spanners

« Reply #8305 on: September 06, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »

It takes as long as it takes, I rushed a build and was,in fact still am, unhappy with so much, I intend to start again, but its proving so reliable I hate to stop using it. But, that's how I spot all the (minor) flaws.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
look where i got trying to do everything and trying to fit in, and keep all at home and away happy

YOU END UP WITH FECK,, ALL,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8306 on: September 06, 2015, 07:57:35 PM »

A glorious Autumnal day today. Warm sunshine, birds singing, the smell of freshly harvested wheat in the air. A lovely day for a trip out somewhere.
Me? Filling & rubbing down again.

stinkey

« Reply #8307 on: September 07, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »

I'm sat in sunny ( raining past 3 days..pouring ) Spain ..first holiday in 9 years.. Cry
But I'm singing a happy song.. Cheesy

Stix

« Reply #8308 on: September 07, 2015, 01:02:25 PM »

But have you found that cheap finca to retire to???

Stix
Baychimp

« Reply #8309 on: September 07, 2015, 07:22:51 PM »

Thats a nice collection of trays you have there. What are you going to use them for. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: