May 08, 2024, 06:30:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 9493 times)
ska-man
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 06:03:38 AM »

Hello Lunatic(Marcus). Thanks for the paint work that have done for my son, I would recommend you anytime.(EXCELLENT JOB)

I was not born Basingstoke, but moved here 8 years ago.  never regretted the move.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »

I shared some of your teenage years Mr Speedy, but the ol' memory's fading fast. We seemed to spend an awful lot of time in various pubs. I hereby confer an honorary Stokeship upon you Sir.
Ska Man, I'll be over later to start cutting up & re-working my trike frame. Got some shiny new m/cylinders in the Post today, (posted at 4.30 yesterday afternoon -what a brilliant service the Post Office gives), & a slave cylinder, so we can have a look at that hydraulic Reliant clutch set-up.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 06:00:57 PM »

am i the only person here who does noty come from basingstoke?
i am fortunatly scouse Wink

welcome loony
critch

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »

so we can have a look at that hydraulic Reliant clutch set-up.

i is now officially intrigued...... Wink
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 10:16:22 PM »

At this juncture I wish to state that I have never even been to Basingstoke!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:53 PM »

What-ho Critch.
T'ain't nothin' very exciting really. Just thought I'd clean up the lines of the trike a little by getting rid of the linking rods from the pedals to the brake master cylinder & clutch arm. Needed a new brake m/cylinder anyway cos I'm donating mine to Rainbow's GS850 trike, so ordered a pair of 5/8" bore ones from Merlin Motorsports. I picked up some little remote reservoirs for a fiver each at the Ally Pally show a few weeks back. Will mount the cylinders along the outside of the bottom frame rails with pedals pivotting on the footrest mounts & pushing directly into the cylinders. The hoses can run inside the frame & the reservoirs can hide up under the seat somewhere. I also bought a 7/8" bore slave cylinder, (they're all Girling units), which has about an inch of travel on the piston. I'll mount that on a slotted bracket, (to give it some adjustment), with an adjustable clevis rod pushing the Reliant clutch arm forward to operate the clutch.
I just thought it'd be a tidier set-up & might also soften the pedal action . The green trike had pedals pivotting on the footrest mounts which made them quite short as they could only be the length of your foot & so were quite stiff to operate. Merlins do loads of useful stuff. The master cylinders were about 35 quid each & the slave one was 43.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.com/index.php

wizzkitt

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 11:30:09 PM »

Show off!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

There are people going round & round the Basingstoke ring road who've never found the way in yet either.

critch

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »

There are people going round & round the Basingstoke ring road who've never found the way in yet either.
and i was one of them Sad
Speedmaster

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »

Me too, had to get a native guide lead the way in, nearly ran out of food and water by the time we got to the Anchor.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »

The Anchor! Coo, now there was a PROPER pub! Genuine sawdust on the floor place. Sadly long gone. Now it's called Anchor Court & was an insurance office last time I looked  Sad 

Speedmaster

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »

Now thats sad, The Star in Newbury has gone as well.  We're slowly being erased Cry
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

Show off!!

I can't help being posh.   Kiss

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
shep

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »

Hello everybody, havn't been here for a while. Havn't been to Brighton hill much lately, either.

This site's changed a bit. I see the hand of the Yoda here.

I'll try to look in a bit more.
(Here I mean, not Basingstoke.)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 11:04:02 PM »

No, you don't want to visit Basingstoke unless you really, really have to, trust me. Fast becoming the hub of the custom universe though! Hiya Shep. Nice to see you back mate. Hope we've changed for the better?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: