May 15, 2024, 10:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Macmillan Cancer Support Classic Car Show, Clandon Park, Sun 15th July 2012  (Read 25036 times)
tazet
« on: May 27, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »

Macmillan Cancer Support Classic Car Show
Times: 11.00a.m.- 4.30p.m.

Car Information: All classic motor vehicles welcome. Clandon Park is owned by the Earl and Countess of Onslow in West Clandon, Surrey.

Entry is at the Merrow roundabout on the A246 into Clandon Park through Golden Gates and exit is along concrete driveway onto A246 dual carriage-way further along road.

Event Description: Macmillan Cancer Support, Guildford Area Group are holding their second Classic Motor Show and Family Fun Day on the Clandon Park Estate, West Clandon on Sunday 15th July. Classic vehicles, autojumble, stalls, entertainment and refreshments. A good day out for all the family.

Pre-registered classic vehicle with driver and one passenger free, entry to visitors on the day is £7, under 10's free.

All money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Area:Surrey Postcode:GU4 7RQ

Organiser Information:
Contact Name: Gilly Christian
Contact Address: Tel: 01483 210102 Mobile: 07702 090382
Email Address: glchristian@btinternet.com
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »

Won't be around for this one, sadly, we're going to be at Dragstalgia (at Santa Pod) with the Allard.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
renegade53

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 07:15:37 PM »

already booked in, can you get to it going past your gaff

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 08:55:06 PM »

Nope. The gates outside our cottage are now locked. Entry will be through the "Golden Gates" off the A 246.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »

Here is a link to the registration form if you wish to go. I've just had a meeting with the organiser and he has said that bikes etc are very welcome too.

FORM
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »

This coming weekend.

renegade53

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:57:57 PM »

Nope. The gates outside our cottage are now locked. Entry will be through the "Golden Gates" off the A 246.
i meant the main road past yer gaff not across the property  Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »

If you come from the Ripley end of West Clandon, go past our cottage & turn right at the junction at the end of the road towards Guildford. 2nd roundabout turn right & through the main gates of the estate. The road outside our cottage has just been re-surfaced so was shut for a week, but now open again. Only one way into the estate for the car show, through the "Golden Gates".

renegade53

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »

are you and taz taking anything to the show andy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »

I really wanted to take Taz's Charger. It's sat under a dust sheet in a barn in the stable yard. We could literally push it to the show field from there. At the moment it's just an empty bodyshell in grey primer though & she doesn't want to risk it getting rained on or covered in mud until it's a bit more protected -having spent every penny we had on having the body restored, it's rust free at the moment & we'd like to keep it that way.
My trike's sat in the same barn but got no wiring, exhausts etc. Been in the same condition for several years, but now covered in bird poo too from the barn.
As usual, we've got nothing to display at the moment. I don't know if Taz will be working or not. If she is, I'll probably go to Basingstoke & continue working on my truck. If she manages to get the day off, I'll go to the show with her.   

renegade53

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »

apart from mike and myself there might be another triumph following me in they were going to uxbridge but thats been cancelled. aint that a surprise an event cancelled due to the weather Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:06:36 PM »

I feel really sorry for anyone trying to organise an event this Summer. Must be heart-breaking to see all your hard work wasted.
Taz has been watching the MacMillan team setting up all day -as far as they're concerned, this show's going ahead regardless of the weather. Having said that, it's forcast to be dry tomorrow & Taz says the field it'll be held in drains well, so hopefully she won't be called on to pull anyone out of the mud with the tractor.
She's working but will take time out to nip over & have a look. So I'll go as well, then might manage to get over to the workshop in Hampshire to work on my truck later.
See you tomorrow Dave.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »

Our club had an email from the BMF today about insurance (we have their public liability cover).  Apparently insurers are refusing to pay out for damage to showgrounds where shows have gone ahead despite the weather, on the grounds that the damage could have been foreseen and was therefore preventable (in a nutshell).  Fair enough I guess but it probably contributes to the number of events being cancelled.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »

The whole season's been a bit of a wash out this year hasn't it.
Hope it goes well tomorrow.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »

Well, tomorrow is here & thankfully, the sun did indeed shine.
The Macmillan team were out bright & early & were soon directing cars into the estate. The original plan had been to send them through the ornate "Golden Gates", but the ground was too boggy, so they came in through a smaller side entrance instead. There were some concerns that the showfield, (normally home to some of Taz's livery ponies), would get churned up, especally around the gateway, so Taz was onhand in her trusty tractor to tow anyone out if necessary. Fortunately, although there were a few dark clouds at times, the day stayed dry & by mid afternoon was actually quite warm. Taz trundled around periodically with a heavy roller behind her tractor to keep the ground firm, so her towing chain wasn't needed.
This was advertised as a classic car show & family fun day, so was equally split between rows of shiny motors & bouncy castles, traders & even dog agility displays, (a local dog "flyball" team, the "Wagamuffins", use a corner of the estate to practice their dog training). Plus a selection of food stalls, a large tea tent & a bar, supplied by the local Hogs Back brewery. As they say, something for everyone.
Not a bad turn out for a second year event -last year's was held in a different area of the estate & suffered from heavy rain -yeah, it's not just this year that's been drenched. Lessons are being learnt & ideas put forward to improve things for next year. It's a good location, there's plenty of room to expand -this could become a big event.
Good to see some familiar faces, including our own Mr Renegade, who brought along a couple of friends, & our mates from the Surrey Street Rodders. The marshals weren't really keeping count, but estimated around 250 cars, with each one on display receiving a certificate.
Some piccies.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: