May 19, 2024, 03:16:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop pickups  (Read 3635 times)
panthershaun

« on: June 01, 2007, 09:35:22 PM »

Here I am, ever so humble and in the correct place Embarrassed Embarrassed Tongue

I actually prefer the pickup above Plum Loco myself.

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 05:55:54 AM »

Grin Just thought it'd be easier for those who read this at a later date to find any scraps of useful info we may have if it's here mate.
So this one then.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 06:04:11 AM »

It's more in keeping with the 50s inspired build isn't it, but I just like the lines of "Loco". I was thinking of building something similar, but with the top bonnet section as in the first pic, a sensible motor, (1700 Ford Consul), in place of the cartoonishly over the top V8), & original Pop wheels up front with wider, banded ones at the back, though not as fat as Loco's.

poprodder

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »

love the exhaust.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:52:48 PM »

Loco's still my favourite pick up to date. Lovely lines. Tough choice between fat rear rubber or tall n skinny, but I'll be going for proper 50s style tall, thin crossply truck tyres on mine.

texon

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 01:25:18 PM »

me too the taler the better and white walled of course  Wink
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:49:31 PM »

i think makies will end up looking like the pic "perfectpickup" Grin different colour maybe but the stance looks about the same atm

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 08:18:01 PM »

Yeah, probably not far off. These things always kinda evolve as you go along. Things change -usually when you find the bits you'd planned to use don't fit. When we tacked on the rear shock mounts it dropped the back end by a couple of inches, but we've been using an old pair of rear tyres to build on that were totally flat. Took them to a local tyre depot yesterday & they bunged in new valve cores for free & pumped 'em up to 30psi -which has lifted the back end back up again.
I was in Speedshack in West Drayton, London, this afternoon, buying wheels studs for Taz's trike, & the young lad in the queue next to me turned out to own a Pinto engined Pop, same year as mine. He's going to the Watford rod show on Monday, same as we are, so I think we'll be exchanging ideas. Can't wait till we can drive ours to it's first show. Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: