May 05, 2024, 07:01:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Busted bubbly car.  (Read 2068 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: June 07, 2006, 10:01:56 PM »

Had a visit from Leon today. His replica Messerschmitt micro-car's in the Motors section. It uses a 250 Honda scooter engine & drive bolted to a square section subframe round the back. The rear mudguard bracket had sheared in two. Not suprising really cos it was ridiculously flimsy. Spent a couple of hours knocking up a new one for him from 1" x 1/4" steel strap. Strongest bit of the car now!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 10:32:48 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »

His artist's impression.
My Manky bracket.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:22:47 PM »

That a great little piece of kit. 

Saw what I think was a little 3 wheeler morgan yesterday. Would have got a pic but we were both moving in opposite directions!

I also saw a cracking Custom car this morning. It was a mordern hatchback but they had painted matt grey and added black and yellow stickers to it. On the back win dow it said " Crash test vehicle, May stop suddenly"

Made me chuckle.

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 10:36:12 PM »

I love to see unusual or just plain daft vehicles on the road, whether they've got 2, 3 or 4 wheels. Almost always see something of interest when I'm doing motorway journeys. Nice to know good ol' British eccentricity's alive & well!

wizzkitt

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 01:59:20 PM »

Not just British eccentricity. A spendid 'bubble car' was the Czechoslovakian Velorex Oskar which was built after WW2. The bodywork for the first ones was made out of the same material as work clothes, although later ones got polyurethane panels that fixed on with press studs, and the standard version was powered by a mighty CZ175 engine. However, it had an impressively modern tubular frame - even if it did look like a collision between a pile of old coats and a frame tent.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/wizzkitt/nevime.jpg
Busted bubbly car.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/wizzkitt/velofr.jpg
Busted bubbly car.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 02:09:05 PM »

Ain't Google a wonderful thing!
That looks like one of Murray Robertson's splendid photoshopped creations! Loved the one in last month's issue Wizzy, with the German despatcher sat on the Captain America Harley! The signs in the background were clever too.  Cheesy

wizzkitt

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:01:51 PM »

Ain't Google a wonderful thing!

It is for the pictures. Believe it or not, I did actually know something about the Velorex Oskar. Then again, I suppose these days if you know anything at all people just assume you've found it on bloody Google. What's the point in bothering to take an interest and learn anything about anything?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:02:38 PM »

Cheesy Far easier to remain stoopid like me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: