May 05, 2024, 06:32:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my KZ1100 n me  (Read 2921 times)
tbone

« on: April 23, 2006, 04:26:53 AM »

So there i am stood on the hard shoulda of the M5 kicking the hell out of a bent jockey wheel, how the hell did i get here?....... november 2003, nowt on tv, channel hopping when WHAM! billy connelly tearing down some ozzy beach on a purple trike. i must admit my youth was cut short by the arrival of my first born then 2yrs later twins, so i missed out on quite a bit of fun. Motorbikes never really appealed to me but this Trike thingy, yeah i`ll av some of that, and the mrs liked it too (but thats another story).
So where do you get a trike? scoured the local corner shop for the usual selection of bike mags and drew a blank, then i discovered BSH, oh it had articals on bikes but it also featured trikes and it had a for sale section too. A couple of issues later and there she was, Kawasaki KZ1100, 2yr old and 2 owners.
Straight on the phone i get......`sorry` she says `hes not here, but i`ll tell him you rang`. i leave my number and wait and wait and wait for hours and no call back.
Next day and i ring again `hes away all week, but i told him your keen and he says you got first refusal`
That week seemed like a month, but finally it ended and after borrowing a mates Transit van and hiring a trailer off we set to liverpool to buy a trike that i knew nothing about and had only seen 1 photo of. well as they say, a fool n his money, so an hour later and i`m the proud owner of a Trike.
All the way home i`m thinkin "i`ll never ride it, i never even had a scooter before ". yes i did test ride before handin over my hard earnt, and i stalled it 4 times lol.
After a few nervous trips round the block and not gettin out of 1st gear i decided the only way to learn was to go for it, so in the cold month of feb 2004 `the bitch` as she had now become known was my regular ride to n from work, and slowly but surely i learned how to ride a trike.
Since then the only thing i have done is replace the rear lights with (wait for it andy) maltese cross ones and lubricate the clutch cable which was stupidly stiff.
And now i`m totally hooked, as is the mrs. After enjoying trips on the back of `the bitch` i decided to get her a trike of her own, but thats a different story.
Pics will follow, when it gets light n i can take some good ones.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:02:24 AM »

That's perfect Mr T. Just the kind of thing I'm always badgering people to write. I'm as new to this website stuff as you were to trike riding so bear with us. Yoda's still doing most of the techy stuff on my behalf at the moment, (site's been up & running since June last year but I'm a slow learner!). He's away this weekend but when he gets back I'll ask him very nicely to transfer this & the photos over to the Motors section. Well done mate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »

pics as promised

tbone

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:01:45 PM »

one more

baldyshinehead

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »

I like that tbone and a good write up.
you have started somat know, the wife likes the way the seats are so back to the drawing board
tbone

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »

The seats are what clinched it for me too. i like the way they look, angled from the tank down, gives a feeling of sitting in rather than on the trike and gives a great postion for cruising along the road.

baldyshinehead

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »

she likes the idea of being seperated from the other seat by a sissy bar.
tbone

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 07:20:17 PM »

doesnt she want anyone holding tight around her waist then ? lol. if you look at my xs850 pic you`ll notice i did a similar thing there, but i filled the gap between the bars on that one, this was done cos i had a choice of two seats, one with a back and one flat pad. in the end i opted for the one with the back anyways lol.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 07:30:28 PM by tbone » Logged

baldyshinehead

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »

doesnt she want anyone holding tight around her waist then ? lol
the back seat will be for my lad mostly, if im on the trike i will be riding it, she scares me silly in the car  Grin
tbone

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »

thats y i`m glad my mrs only has a provisional licence and can only ride a singlr seater lol Cheesy

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 11:06:35 PM »

I started building Rainbow's as a single seater but she's just passed her car test so could carry pillions now. Not changing the design now though!
Mr T, can you send full size copies of your piccies to Yoda & ask him if he'll be so kind as to add them to your write up & put it all in the Motors section. Thanks chap! Wink

tbone

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 01:53:30 AM »

yep no problem MM consider it done.      How often have you said `not changing the design now though`  but then went n did it anyway lol?
Think we`ll just wait n see how it turns out, time will tell young man, time will tell lol

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »

Grin Yup, I think just about everything's been fabricated, scrapped & redone about 6 times now!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: