May 09, 2024, 11:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric fuel pump  (Read 1381 times)
RODeo

« on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »

I've ordered a Facet elec fuel pump.(£35 posted) There are various models with different pumping pressures available,with the smallest(weakest) pressure being up to 4 psi.It has a plastic body ,which should be ok for the external use on the trike. The su carb on the Reliant needs around 3 psi.Ive decided to go with the elec pump to avoid using the ugly manual pump,this in turn gets around having the pipe to the carb crossing from one side of the engine to the other.I intend to mount the pump near the axle,on a existing bracket which holds the h/brake mechanism.It must have at least 12" from the underside of the tank to the pump to keep it constantly primed. My tank is in the rear,so it should work ok.The feed to the carb will run along the n/s chassis rail in copper,then change to braided hose to travel upward to the carb. I will have to keep the pipe away from the exhaust.Ive made a stainless blanking plate for the existing mounting point.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »

Cool. I used a Facet pump on my first Reliant trike. Worked fine, but would occasionally stick -a sharp whack always cured it.
I've used one on my truck project too.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:16:21 PM »

I have also used a similar Facet pump, with rear mounted fuel tank to supply an S.U. float chamber with no probs. Mounted the pump just below the tank outlet, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
wolfieplum

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »

I'm useing a Solid State "on demand" pump. This is the same pump used by Banger Racers cause it don't go wrong. Metal body, pressures go from 1.5 bar all the way to 10+. I use a 3.5 bar on mine and it seems to have given it a bit more OOOmph.

(forgot to say what I'm useing it on.... I got it on my BMW 320 trike and I have also used it on my Reliant trike. Works well on both.)

Wolfie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: