May 09, 2024, 09:42:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seat upholstery  (Read 1363 times)
ROD

« on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:42 AM »

Is leather best for cover? Any upholsterers recommended in Essex?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »

Depends what kind of use you plan Rod. I've had real leather bike seats in the past. If the bke's used all Winter in rain & snow n stuff, the leather eventually goes white & furry. If it gets left out all Summer in hot sunshine it can go rock hard or crack. Using a good saddle soap, (used for protecting horse sadlles), should keep it in good condition.
Vinyl's usually much cheaper, easier to get hold of & these days, often hard to tell from real leather. It also comes in a variety of patterns. I had the seat on my last trike recoverd several times. The last cover was made up by a local guy in Basingstoke, Hants, using inserts in dimpled vinyl, (like the surface of a golf ball). There's a few names in the Links for commercial purposes section of the forum. Always happy to add more if you have anyone you'd recommend.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: