May 09, 2024, 02:35:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ford mondeo  (Read 1377 times)
skates

« on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

ok i know this is about my car but here goes. went out this morn to start the car. it wouldnt start. sounded like a flat battery. charged the battery but still wouldnt start. same as before. then i noticed smoke coming from my earth lead. it had melted. so bypassed the earth lead with a jump cable but that got hot as well. any ideas what the hell is going on

if at first you don't succeed. hit the fecker with a hammer
The North

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »

Check the starter it could have stuck home in the flywheel ring gear. when they get old or have had a hard time starting the engine can happen on the TDCIs if yours is a diesel. Solenoid faults can cause similar symptoms, starter look there first, and get a good earth on it straight away jump leads not as good too long leads if connection not perfect of leads heavy enough wire. If it is stuck in the flywheel good job it never started it thinks its a dynamo then things can get interesting.  Grin Eatery ok then fit the earth then starter off. see where you get to then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: