May 09, 2024, 06:05:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: reliant engine temp??  (Read 1397 times)
one arm bandit

« on: July 03, 2012, 07:54:10 AM »

can anyone with a temp gauge fitted to there reliant engine or if you just know because your clever tell me what the temp should be around when its fully warm on a run?? mines reading around 100c ish its had a full rebuild with new pistons/liners so will be tight maybe running at the higher temp,but it seems a little to high to me??
terry t

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 08:23:13 AM »

can anyone with a temp gauge fitted to there reliant engine or if you just know because your clever tell me what the temp should be around when its fully warm on a run?? mines reading around 100c ish its had a full rebuild with new pistons/liners so will be tight maybe running at the higher temp,but it seems a little to high to me??
Hi O A B. looking in the work shop manual. the stat starts to open at 85/89c and is fully open at 103c. so your not far out at 100c ish
one arm bandit

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:26:47 PM »

ahh thats piece of mind thanks terry, i think im just expecting the worst after a hurdle of a build. i just checked the rad and it needed toping up half a cup or so i did this with coolant as i never put much in before, it must have had a air lock or somthing looks like it might be ok again now just ran her up got to 90c so might run a tad cooler now its got somthing to slurp at Tongue
digger06

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 02:52:42 PM »

not all temp gauges  are accurate so i wouldnt worry too much
one arm bandit

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »

no it seems to have a mind of its own some times, when ive got some more funds im gonna invest in a fan switch to go in the bottom rad hose as per fifers link last week on another thread, the chap i went out with the weekend has a m16x1.5 switch from a mazda 626 hes just tapped the reliant cylinder head out where the temp sender goes, i could go that route,but then again id like to keep the gauge aswell even if its a bit dodgy i like the look of it with the revs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: