May 03, 2024, 01:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Car's you've had!!  (Read 12651 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2005, 05:35:28 PM »

That's the ones. That's not the original nose on that one though. It's got the "droop snoot" conversion kit.
I drove my Moggy Minor to a motor museum once & the one they had on display was younger than the one I'd arrived in.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »

Those classics weren't so classic then. They were only a few years old. .

Always amuses me when I go to a local event, the Purbeck Rally - I walk round the cars saying "I had one of those....  My dad had one of those....."

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »

One of Gypsy & Doro's customers is restoring an FS1E. You couldn't GIVE those little Fizzies away when I were a lad. Now they're classics.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 06:22:43 PM »

I think this was my favourite of all the car my dad owned - and there were quite a few!  Haven't got one of his actual car but these are quite good - his was a kind of warm fawn with dark cherry-red wings - and interior to match.  It's a Healey Tickford.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 06:30:47 PM »

That's a new one on me. Never heard of those. Strange colour scheme. A warm fawn would be Bambi wouldn't it? Bambi didn't have wings though.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »

Sounds awful but it was beautiful!  And boy did it go!  But it was a coachbuilt job and dad had to part with it cos one of the wooden door pillars was rotting, would have cost a fortune to replace!  If I ever find my photos, I'll have to see if they show the index, and check whether it's still on the road.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2005, 06:51:13 PM »

Wish I'd kept all my old photos. Haven't got any from my dim & distant youth & the poor old memory's fading fast! 
I don't own a car any more, simply cos I don't need one, (& couldn't afford to run one), so I hire them from time to time. They're all very nice & all perform perfectly well but I can't tell them apart. Every model seems the same. No character. No soul. Nothing memorable about them at all. Just a tool to get from A to B. Boring.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2005, 08:55:31 PM »

I never took photo's when I was younger( says the whippersnapper GrinRoll Eyes

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

I took loads. Was always the one with the camera on bike club runs, but have slowly lost 'em all over the years. I'm not THAT old! 43.  Smiley

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2005, 10:41:48 PM »

Those classics weren't so classic then. They were only a few years old. .

Always amuses me when I go to a local event, the Purbeck Rally - I walk round the cars saying "I had one of those....  My dad had one of those....."

hi "b g" whats the "purbeck rally"? sounds ok, any more info please. thanks, pete

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 11:11:26 PM »

I knew someone would say that!  It's a weekend evnt just up the road from me near Wareham, Dorset, for classic vehicles of all sorts - cars, bikes, trikes, lorries etc.
There's a big autojumble/boot sale, lots of stall with tools etc, a small event but always very enjoyable and almost always in good weather!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2005, 09:47:40 AM »

Sounds a good 'un Bobbi. Similar to the Basingstoke Festival of Transport. When's that held then?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2005, 11:26:04 AM »

It's usually sometime round August/September.  Can't find any info for 2006 yet, but I'll post it when I find out.  It's a very small event, and sometimes the organisation leaves a little to be desired -from the public visitor side - can't say about exhibitors cos I haven't been one yet.

But there's always beer and ice cream and usually sunshine!  And camping cos it's a 2 day event, and there's a road run as well but not sure exactly who goes on that.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2005, 01:15:20 PM »

I'm not THAT old! 43.  Smiley

Sorry dad  Grin Grin Grin

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2005, 07:04:15 PM »

Yeah, let us know when you've got details Bobbi. Being an oldie, it sounds like my kinda thing.  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: