May 09, 2024, 03:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another embarassing question!  (Read 2344 times)
Olds

« on: December 15, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

What is the length of the Reliant 850 dipstick?
Please could someone with a Reliant 850 engine, measure the dipstick from the flange to the high or low marks.
Sounds stupid I know but I modified mine, thought I got the length the same but after filling with exactly 5.5 pints, find the level is not quite reaching the low mark Huh

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
one arm bandit

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »

354mm to the high mark 365mm to the low mark, thats measured from the flange (big circular bit/stop) on an unmoddifyied dip stick Wink
Olds

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »

Thanks a lot OAB Smiley
Doh! Too short by 30mm. How the f### did that happen. Didn't cut anything off  Huh Huh Huh
Expected maybe 5mm short max Angry At least now I can sort it.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:14:29 PM by Old Newbie » Logged

ROD

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »

I got extremely confused when I cut  my dipstick down,then tried replacing it. From memory,I dont think it actually goes to the bottom of the sump(ie doesnt 'bottom out')
one arm bandit

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:48:59 PM »

no your right rod its about 40mm ish from the bottom, i know when you asked the same question, was the same time my engine was in bits on the kitchen table so i measured this for you, and have it wrote down on my build paper scraps somwhere??  i found it better to do the oil and filter then add exactly the 3.4l or whatever it is of oil and remark the dipstick to the oil level,  like i say mines unmodded but the marks wernt very neer after adding the required oil.
Olds

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 10:10:19 PM »

found it better to do the oil and filter then add exactly the 3.4l or whatever it is of oil and remark the dipstick to the oil level,  like i say mines unmodded but the marks wernt very neer after adding the required oil.
I have now done just that. Easier than trying to lengthen the dipstick Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: