May 09, 2024, 09:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Another day, another D....  (Read 4892 times)
tbone

« on: April 05, 2012, 08:10:33 AM »

This is `Reg` (short for Regina), like her younger sister `Ellie` ( older readers may remember her), she is a D type engine made by R.A. Lister & Co.
She was made in 1937 and when I bought her a couple of months ago, she was a non - runner.
After a complete re-build she nows runs like a dream and will sit and `pop` away all day long.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
tbone

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:12:30 AM »

Not 100% finished as I still need to re-paint her and find her a better trolley to sit upon  Wink

spanners

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »

its a doh,doh  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy the only sort of doh,doh, that will never become ,,extinct ,,, Grin Grin Grin

you want/need more of em,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you  know that they breed  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
tbone

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »

If you look at the left hand side of the second picture.....2 more waiting in the wings  Wink

RODeo

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 11:34:36 AM »

Nice one TB.Wondered why you havent been about! I like these stationary engines! Cool
spanners

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »

i think there,s 7 D,s left at wonderland,,   a tank cooled A  a big tank cooled L  ruston APR,, amanco 2.1/42 ,,,,2or 3 villiers WX 11,s a fair few aircooled villiers  a couple of winget mixers    BOULTON&PAUL  and even a wall mouted stationary steam pump,,
over a dozen 2 gall cans inc PRATTS   & ANGLO,S TAXI-BUS SPIRIT

the end is getting niegh   loadsa stuff no time  a i,m as rough as a scabby dog healthwise these days

P.S   T.B.   some hanbooks may be coming youre way
(when i sort and post em)

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
tbone

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »

Nice one TB.Wondered why you havent been about! I like these stationary engines! Cool

Cheers Rod, I`ve had a few things on the go to keep me busy, I have been keeping an eye on things here too though  Wink

tbone

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:07:21 AM »

i think there,s 7 D,s left at wonderland,,   a tank cooled A  a big tank cooled L  ruston APR,, amanco 2.1/42 ,,,,2or 3 villiers WX 11,s a fair few aircooled villiers  a couple of winget mixers    BOULTON&PAUL  and even a wall mouted stationary steam pump,,
over a dozen 2 gall cans inc PRATTS   & ANGLO,S TAXI-BUS SPIRIT

the end is getting niegh   loadsa stuff no time  a i,m as rough as a scabby dog healthwise these days

P.S   T.B.   some hanbooks may be coming youre way

Cheers Mike, they`d be very welcome  Wink
I had planned on getting L and sold my trailer mounted, tank cooled D  but even then i realised i would still need more space!

I`ll keep one of the other 2 D`s, (both 1940`s) probably the earlier one, then try and find one from the twenty`s.
i do have an A on my shopping list, but funds are very limited at the moment  Cry
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:09:04 AM by tbone » Logged

spanners

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:29 AM »

i think there,s 7 D,s left at wonderland,,   a tank cooled A  a big tank cooled L  ruston APR,, amanco 2.1/42 ,,,,2or 3 villiers WX 11,s a fair few aircooled villiers  a couple of winget mixers    BOULTON&PAUL  and even a wall mouted stationary steam pump,,
over a dozen 2 gall cans inc PRATTS   & ANGLO,S TAXI-BUS SPIRIT

the end is getting niegh   loadsa stuff no time  a i,m as rough as a scabby dog healthwise these days

P.S   T.B.   some hanbooks may be coming youre way

Cheers Mike, they`d be very welcome  Wink
I had planned on getting L and sold my trailer mounted, tank cooled D  but even then i realised i would still need more space!

I`ll keep one of the other 2 D`s, (both 1940`s) probably the earlier one, then try and find one from the twenty`s.
i do have an A on my shopping list, but funds are very limited at the moment  Cry

brunston D with serfice draw carb ,,no float bowl,,, up the yard aswell Wink Wink

digger06

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 02:21:25 PM »

this pic was took in between 1935 and 1957, i think, (i have no dates on the photo,s)
it was at b o c m in selby,
i was still riding about on this when i was there in 2002,
wind it up, drop the decompressor and away,,,,,
extra oil down the inlet to smog out the store keeper when i was in there,, Grin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:23:39 PM by digger06 » Logged
spanners

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45:58 PM »

thats a lister  autotruck powered by a lister LD2 between 5 and 7.5hp and by the looks of it .. it was sheffield registered and if my memory is correct the main dealer for autotrucks in that area was wilsons at sheffield the same people that were ferguson dealers

full of old useless cr#p info  me,,,, Roll Eyes

digger06

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 03:59:40 PM »

this un was still running too, but it was a bit of a slow un, we adapted it to pullback bars and an easy rider seat (office leather chair bolted on)
wish i had took a pic of that !!

the electrician used to use it as a runabout
tbone

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »

Twas 1954 when the LD series was fitted to Autotruck`s so that first picture will be at the latter end of your year range  Wink.

A few years earlier......the production line at Dursley

spanners

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »

funny aint it    but the early ,lister,, autotrucks  were fitted with a  ,JAP,, 600cc side valve petrol engine  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

digger06

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 06:27:30 PM »

ah, when britain made stuff that was good
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: