May 14, 2024, 07:32:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nippi trike info  (Read 8018 times)
Desperate

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 11:59:14 PM »

Having built more than a few "disabled" trikes in the past, I wouldn't even consider building one that could be controlled from a chair. Getting it on and in position alone would require some severely involved engineering. And when you mentioned brittle bones, have you considered the forces on a set of handlebars during hard cornering?
I'm not trying to put a "downer" on the project, but I just can't see it being feasable to build, even if you have the best workshop in the world.

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
yoda
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 05:59:28 AM »

would it be possible to do a steering wheel set up on the trike? - with maybe power steering

How about a reverse trike two wheels at the front - this wouls allow more room for the chair

The riding from the chair bit is causing me most concern - as wheelchair aint known for their shock absorbing qualities - driving a car from a chair is different as they have full suspension

if you can get the riding position from the chair sorted, what about the floor area meing mildly sprung to allow shock absorbsion

i still think find someway to get her into a bucket seat being a lot better - mine on my old trike soaked up so many bump - it was super comfortable

A ramp would have to be quite big

what about a flat plate with some sort of lifting mechanism?

i have a  lot of ideas - but not sure how realistic any of them are?

Yoda

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 04:30:22 PM »

Presumably from the first post the lady already has a Nippi?  So it might be better to concentrate on putting a slightly large lumop in that, although the suspension might then need to be upgraded I guess.  But it has the basic requirements.

How is the Nippi driven as a matter of interest?

And have you thought of contacting the makers, they might be interested in a collaboration to produce a larger engined Nippi, there would certainly be a demand for it as I've been asked about this before (as a NABD rep).

http://www.nippi.co.uk/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:32:56 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 08:20:09 PM »

That was what I was thinking maybe using a Suzuki Burgman and uprating the chassis and brakes.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 10:16:54 PM »

Hi, cheers for replies.
The rider can only have an automatic so that may limit what engine can be fitted into the original chassis. Ive just contacted "Nippi" and asked about engine upgrade, just got to wait for them to reply.

thanks for your time Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 10:58:11 PM »

Keep us posted, Pete - I know 2 people in Dorset alone who'd be interested!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »

Just as a matter of interest, there's a Nippi for sale on Ebay at the moment. £250 so far. Says "Includes Kickstart" -what use would that be to someone in a wheelchair?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Nippi-50CC-Disabled-Persons-Trike-Scooter_W0QQitemZ280013211605QQihZ018QQcategoryZ9939QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 04:11:40 PM »

Hi, cheers for replies.
The rider can only have an automatic so that may limit what engine can be fitted into the original chassis. Ive just contacted "Nippi" and asked about engine upgrade, just got to wait for them to reply.

thanks for your time Smiley

Just had reply from Nippi to my technical questions......... they sent me their standard sales brochure, dohhhh dickheads,maybe?

Thats Nippi out of the window, we are designing and building a whole new trike for the lady. Its still on the drawing board but definately not on the back boiler........as ive said before......What do you mean "I cant do that" !!!
Please pay attention though as I will be asking questions  Smiley watch this space Cool

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 08:57:44 PM »

I trust we'll get some useful how-to articles out of the build Pete?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: