May 14, 2024, 08:16:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: comments please  (Read 7775 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

Oi! Will you stop it, you muppets!  Cheesy
Just spotted this thread. Stop conspiring to give us money when we're not looking!
Really, really appreciate the sentiments guys. The site's not run for any sort of financial gain though, but simply because we enjoy doing it -I think. Got to admit there are times when it can get a bit over powering -when I find myself sat here at 2 in the morning sorting stuff out, when my alarm goes off again at 4.30, but it's you lot who make it worthwhile. We're very lucky to have a genuinely nice bunch of people here in the forum -we've not met one yet we didn't like.
This hobby has given me a lot of fun -& provided all but one of my girlfriends, for over 30 years. Taz is newer to the custom scene, but just as committed to it. So it's nice to give something back.
When we're down to our last couple of quid, (shouldn't be long the way Taz's Charger project's going), then we'll pass round a hat. Until then, Manky Monkey Motors remains a profit free organisation.
-so there.  Kiss

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
toad

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »

Oi! Will you stop it, you muppets!  Cheesy
Just spotted this thread. Stop conspiring to give us money when we're not looking!
Really, really appreciate the sentiments guys. The site's not run for any sort of financial gain though, but simply because we enjoy doing it -I think. Got to admit there are times when it can get a bit over powering -when I find myself sat here at 2 in the morning sorting stuff out, when my alarm goes off again at 4.30, but it's you lot who make it worthwhile. We're very lucky to have a genuinely nice bunch of people here in the forum -we've not met one yet we didn't like.
This hobby has given me a lot of fun -& provided all but one of my girlfriends, for over 30 years. Taz is newer to the custom scene, but just as committed to it. So it's nice to give something back.
When we're down to our last couple of quid, (shouldn't be long the way Taz's Charger project's going), then we'll pass round a hat. Until then, Manky Monkey Motors remains a profit free organisation.
-so there.  Kiss

bollox!!!! so if we wanna give something back we will!!!!!! so if it starts to reach a profit level then i suggest it goes towards tanya,s charger Cheesy end of story andy nuff said!!!! Grin

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Clive

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »

bollox!!!!

Well said!! Cheesy Cheesy

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
hunter

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »

Well said, that man toad.

I
spanners

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 11:19:27 PM »

you got it in one ,toad,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
goforest

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »

sorry I'm a bit slow how do I give money is it agreed at a £5
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »

No it's not!
Seriously guys, it's a lovely thought, but really not necessary.
If you really feel you must contribute something, then send us a vehicle write-up, or a show report, or a short story, (just posted another of Plastic Pig's in the Miscellaneous section), or some workshop advice -something we can all benefit from.
I also think it'd change the nature of the site. I'm told some other forums have a voluntary contribution scheme, but whenever there's any argument, it almost always comes down to "Well, you don't contribute anything so don't have any right to complain" etc.
We're a happy, helpful, fluffy little forum & I intend to keep it that way -don't go spoiling it please, however good your intentions.  Kiss

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »

It's a tribute to you and Tanya that people feel they want to contribute.

If you had a Paypal button there would be absolutely no need for anyone to know whether or how much anyone else contributed, and I should think there's almost NO possibility of a few donations putting the site into profit making!

However - I spose we can't make you see sense!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »

Nope, I'm resolutely stoopid.  Smiley

tbone

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 08:47:55 PM »

While i agree with both sides to this, i have to back Andy`s argument/sentiment, although i do feel that if there are anymore purchases to be made on behalf of the site (e.g. the monkeyworld stone) then it is only fair to post a thread for those willing to donate, as we already do for the adoption, as i feel this could only strengthen the bond between members by giving a feeling of unity and involvement.
Andy has told me on more than one occasion that its not `his` site, its ours, made by us, for us, and again this is true, the worst thing for the site would be to have a bunch of `shareholders` bickering between themselves about how much they pay, blah, blah blah......so lets not go there. Instead let`s keep it Manky Monkey Motors with Andy & Taz at the steering wheel & the rest of us acting as pit crew.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
bitzman5

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »

Well said mr TBONE

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
hunter

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »

Ok,can we send Mr M some jaffa cakes then.

I
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »

im a scotsman with very deep pockets and very short arms , but if MM and tazet are happy then let them be
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »

Thanks guys. Don't worry -we'll shout when we need you.  Wink

spanners

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:18 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy i know when you,lle need us  --------------------------------------------------- when that ther ,,charger,,   is sat beside a petrol pump,,,,,,,,lol  or at the side of a lonely country road mile,s from anywhere    Grin Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: