May 14, 2024, 10:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: happy christmas  (Read 7796 times)
triker-tazet
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 12:42:54 AM »

we didn't get anything that fun to drive. my fave bits were the extreme off roading and power sliding a super seven sooooo much fun
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2006, 12:45:08 AM »

I've always been keen on horses, used to ride as a child and young adult but never really had the cash to own one - then later on someone offered to buy and pay for a horse if I'd do the work but I had kids by then and had more sense!

Also got offered free riding on a horse belonging to a customer in the shop where I worked.  Luckily I knew enough about horses to know that if the owner says "It's a bit mad" it means it's such a liability that no-one who knows it will ride it!

Then I discovered bikes..............

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2006, 12:45:41 AM »

Women! All they ever talk about is cars!
Goodnight ladies. x,x

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
triker-tazet
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2006, 12:47:11 AM »

Grin  Grin  Grin good night.
i'm lucky in that horses is my job so my boss pays for them and very true nutty means get life insurance
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2006, 12:53:44 AM »

When we lived in Sussex my sister had a friend with horses and I learnt to ride on a pony that had been "the fastest pony in Sussex" - in her younger days she'd been a racing pony!  She was great till she got it into her head she was in a race, you couldn't really ride her alongside a hedge cos it brought it all back and she was off!  If my parents had know how often their 4 year old got run away with!!!
Then they put me on a young old half arab pony that had been gelded late, had an injury and been turned away while still only half broken....  being a little older by then, I got quite good at sliding off him before he broke loose!

As a teenager I was never a terribly confident rider - I wonder why??

Shocked

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
triker-tazet
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2006, 12:57:34 AM »

my mum got used to getting calls from my instructo saying i'd been taken to hospital but i still never learned and just bounced back. think thats why i'm doing carriages now as i don't bounce any more
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2006, 01:04:37 AM »

We moved from Sussex when I was 8 so the free riding disappeared, it's not the same when you only get an hour a week, I stopped when I was about 14.  Went back to the same riding school later on as a 20+ and discovered the joys of riding horses instead of ponies, and found I'd gown up and suddenly I was in charge!  Got offered a job at the stables but by that time I was a Civil Servant and the money didn't compare.

Besides, I'd discovered Narrow Gauge Railways by then......

triker-tazet
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »

i know what you mean sort of when i went to collage i did horses but if that fell through then i was going to be a mechanic. when i was younger an x used to tinker with propper mini's and i used to help him and loved it so naturally that was my first choice of car and it was so cheep cose i did all the work and servicing on it myself great fun  Grin
prowler

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

Have a goodun folks

Adapt and Improvise
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:55 AM »

My first husband and I discovered rallying while we were indulging in Railways, as they both tale place in Wales quite a lot!

Then we got involved in a car club and rallying and working on our own car and also building engines for others.  I was the one who passed the spanners and made the stupid suggestions.  You know the ones that couldn't possibly be the the answer!

Till they think of it themselves 2 hours later....

Never had a mini - I did drive an earlier boyfriend's Mini Cooper straight across a ditch into a field once - no damage but it was a bit embarassing asking the farmer if he had any planks we could use as a bridge to get out again!

triker-tazet
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2006, 09:11:21 AM »

i loved my mini i put wide wheels on it and a smallrt steering wheel i had all the rust properly removed it llooved lovely but i started to travel more and more and further so had to get something more powerful and bigger and i had to px the mini in. i still regret it today Cry

anyway off to mums today in southampton and typical i'm coming down with something sore throat and runny noze grrrrrrrrrr
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: