May 14, 2024, 01:14:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: End of an era.....maybe  (Read 7963 times)
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« on: May 04, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »

Hello Folks,
Some of you may be aware that in the beginning of January this year I suffered an “electrical problem” within my heart where the top chambers were beating differently to the lower chambers. After spending a week in Cardiac Care which resulted in me being discharged with additional medication to try and even things up.
All went well until around 24th April when I had a “hic-up” which again saw me hospitalized for another week. During this latest stay my heart was beating sporadically between 53 and 207!! Duly noted the surgeon organised immediate surgery which firstly entailed a procedure called an “Ablation”. This consists of local anesthetic where they fed a wire, up through veins in my groin, into my heart to “zap the naughty cells”, sadly this did not go 100% to plan and caused other good cells to be zapped which resulted in me now having a heartbeat of around 35 to 40 (normal rate is 60 to 100) After coming out of 6 hour surgery with a temporary pacemaker fitted outside my body and a single wire into my heart I was re-scheduled for follow up surgery on 28th April. This time all was sorted in around 90 mins but left me with an (ICD) Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator with 2 wires screwed into my heart. Sadly, I am unable to drive for at least 6 months (as long as the device is not activated in that time) further to this I have been advised that I am no longer allowed to operate or be near any Arc/Mig/Tig welders / Plasma cutters. With this in mind I have to seriously rethink my life within the custom vehicle building circle, but on the upside our Emily said she will have to learn to weld for me  Wink Smiley
Take care out there, you never now what’s around the corner

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
mouse

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »

sorry to hear all the bad news Pete I hope the pacemakers settles in for you and your able to drive again soon
all the best mate mick aka mouse

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
JayJay

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that Pete. Well at least you can enjoy being chauffeured around by Chrissie. Mind you, best not just in case the excitement plays havoc with your pulse!  Don't tell Chrissie I said that.  Roll Eyes

I wondered why we hadn't seen you both out and about lately. Take care.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
ROD

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 04:03:08 PM »

Blimey mate, what a palaver!
Sincere best wishes from me and swmbo.I do hope you get back to a bit of normality soon.Good Luck
Rod
Olds

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »

Sorry to hear things haven't been going too well for you recently Pete. Hopefully electronic regulator will stop any misfires, better still if it doesn't need to.
How sweet of Emily.
Take care of yourself mate.
-Dave

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
andyrennison

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 04:37:06 PM »

So sorry to hear that Pete. Hope that marks the befinnng of the road to being better. Just have to get some oxy bottles buddy Wink

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
merv

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 04:57:29 PM »

Sorry to hear how bad you have been,
 hope they can sort you out and you can get back to some sort of normal .

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »

Bloomin' 'ell big guy!
So you've got your own electronic ignition now?! Some things are more important than messing with vehicles, (I'm told). Must make you sit down & re-evaluate your life. Fortunately you've got a lovely family around you to take care of you. If you get stuck, I'm sure we can arrange a Manky welding session on your behalf one weekend. Take care mate.

Myself & Pete on our Reliants a few years ago.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 06:34:10 PM »

Geez sorry to here that Pete look after your self. ML&R Doc

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »

Pete, it may not appear so right now, but with heart conditions, things can often improve rapidly, I speak from having been there, really, so keep a tight grip on everything, and.."always look on the bright side............!!", well you know what I mean,so take care y'all,  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
fifer

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 07:02:38 PM »

Wishing you all the best for the future , Pete .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »

I'm sure you'll feel a lot better with the pacemaker ensuring your heart beats at the right speed - if you have to get someone to do the welding for you it'll be a small price to pay for good health!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »

Like i said in my PM Pete,
     Get well soon.

I
Mendalot

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »

From one Grandpa to another, keep looking on the bright side Pete and take it easy for bit.

Paul.

Precision Guesswork ......... What else do you need?
kapri

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »

Good luck Pete . Twice I've thought I'd have to give it all up but after a bit of a breather and reconsideration of how to do things I've managed to find a way to keep going. I hope the same happens for you Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: