May 14, 2024, 12:57:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else finding the forum slow to load?  (Read 7989 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: November 18, 2011, 07:36:16 PM »

Cos I am....

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:52 PM »

yep its gettin slow

also keeps losing page,s and going to 404 ERROR

told the boss yesterday (i think)

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
hornet6

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »

I have trouble logging in now

no projects ever finished
spanners

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »

it must be ,overload, captain  the owd ship can,na handle it ,,, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

One of the hazards of low budget domains I'm afraid. I've been in touch with the servers to try & fix it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
hunter

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »

I keep getting internal server error.

I
RODeo

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:40 PM »

I thoghtit was my computer!
poprodder

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

i have to clink on link in me favourites twice as first click brings up a blank page.
thought it was just me having problems.

kevsky

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »

if you get a blank page just click refresh button and hey presto instant load , just like that

reality sucks thank god for religion
Bus Boy

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »

yep same as all the above & yes i thought it was my pute playin games !

I never wanted to be normal anyways!
Cabman77

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 12:23:55 PM »

me too here......................................I was beginning to think I might be wearing the red shirt in this episode of Star Trek.................. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Al

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

iv not been on for a while and bg you are right as usual but like kev a quick refresh and goes through fine
andy do you not need to pay for the renewal of the domain quite happy to donate couple of quid to it if you do
al
slippery

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »

Yes big trouble in little computer
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »

Running costs for the site are about 200 quid a year, but all paid up at the moment, thanks.
If you've been with us for a while you'll know we had a major problem last year when we contracted a virus. Ended up having to lose a chunk of the forum posts & photos & eventually had to disable access to the main site until we could sort it -well, we still haven't got everything up & running again, but have a limited site for the time being:

http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/introtempoffline.html

The rest of the old site's still out there in the ether, we've just altered the homepage to take you to the new, limited version of it.
However, if you've saved a page of the old site to your Favourites List, or follow an old link from another source, you can still access it. As far as we know it's clean -no viruses -but we don't want to link it back here until we know for certain, which means screening every page & every photo. Over 5 years worth of photo galleries that have to be gone through, one pic at at time.
I took a chance a couple of days ago & posted a link to a page on my old Reliant trikes in a thread in the Trike Tech section of the forum, concerning rear mounted radiators. I've since removed my post, but I don't think the forum programme liked the link -we've been having problems with internal server errors since then.
Might be just coincidence, but I'm guessing I've shot myself in the foot & caused the problem myself. As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm not particularly computer literate. For the most part this place runs itself, but forums are notoriously prone to problems. The site was originally set up on my behalf by "Yoda", a webby genius up in the Midlands. When I told him I wanted a forum, he warned me that at some point it'd be hacked & it was virtually guaranteed to break on a regular basis. Of course, he was right!
I haven't heard from him in a while & think he may have changed his email address. BG, if you've had contact with him recently, I'd appreciate you passing a link to this thread on to him please.
Last time we had a major problem we ended up having to back-date the forum to a point before the problem occurred, losing all the posts in between. At worst, we'll have to do that again, but hopefully not. In the meantime, please be patient.  Smiley   

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 07:51:57 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Cabman77

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »

(stands on corner patiently whistling in the wind)  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: