May 02, 2024, 07:49:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1957 GMC Panel Van  (Read 8692 times)
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 09:21:50 AM »

Sold into the UK as a "daily driver"  not sure what that means out in California!

Seems to be a phrase that's banded about a lot. Got a half ton truck in the shop at the moment that was s'posed to be a daily, I'm pretty sure it never was. This one was out of California.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
kapri

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »

Remember there are no annual safety checks out there = if it moves = daily driver.
57gmc

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »

Had a problem a few months ago the trans fluid pumped out the dip stick hole, quick fix blast air up the vent pipe....wrong spent all Sunday cleaning the front of my house as the  fluid sprayed out every where.

Taken for a test drive and the big block pulls the truck along nicely, now to sort the steering and brakes.

If the GMC is left the manual pump drains back into the tank, anyone used a 1 way valve in the fuel line with any success?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »

Yeah, I've got twin tanks on my Pop, with 2 electric pumps so I can switch from one to the other. I had the same problem -main tank in the pick-up bed draining into the reserve tank under the chassis. I put an inline one way valve on each fuel line & it solved the problem.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: