May 02, 2024, 04:01:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW PROJECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 51254 times)
merv

« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2013, 09:34:31 AM »

Somehow I doubt that'll slow you down mate.

I was thinking the same  Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »

Well only temporarily at least!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »

work has started on the dodge , cant start doing to much to the gmc untill i know if the builder is going to start on the garage ,, cant have a big dead truck in the way .
so yesterday i fitted two new front tyres  that i bought at the swap meet brand new £15 each but i may end up with differant wheels eventually and today i fitted a fresh starter motor ,fiddleled ,, with the gear linkage and greased the water pump bearings etc,,etc ,then had a ride down the dirt track ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
spanners

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »

collected the ,new old stock, rear tyres for the GMC .
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr41/spanners1964/newtyres001_zps33519b5f.jpg
NEW PROJECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr41/spanners1964/newtyres002_zpsc60d7593.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr41/spanners1964/newtyres003_zpsb2e53f20.jpg

2 have been mounted but not used the other3 havnt .

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
goose

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2013, 04:30:55 PM »

slowly getting there mike , like the old split rims , b****r to get back together though  once you have split them , either that or I was doing it wrong , probably the latter Grin Grin
Olds

« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »

slowly getting there mike , like the old split rims , b****r to get back together though  once you have split them , either that or I was doing it wrong , probably the latter Grin Grin
Probably using the wrong size hammer  Cheesy And no they wont fit your trike  Grin

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
spanners

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »

its not the hammer its how you hit it  Wink Wink

oldmetalhead82

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

Hope you've got a cage to put them split rims in to inflate the tyres Mike!

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
spanners

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »

Hope you've got a cage to put them split rims in to inflate the tyres Mike!

no cage, Shocked Shocked Shocked going to have to be ,old school,, laced with a chian round the tyre and through the hand holes  Wink

poprodder

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

split rim wheels, glad i don't have to do them anymore, and we did'nt have a cage to use, and they had 100lb pressure in them!!!!

spanners

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

been working on the dodge today from 9am till after dark  Shocked  not a bad day shift for me as thing have been lately,

its been puzzling me why yanks and electrics dont mix  Undecided i found out today that yanks are basically ,,THICK,,,,
the dodge runs reasonably well ,,engine wise,,, but the dynamo bearings were a bit grumbley,, and the ign light didnt work on the dash,,
well the light wouldn,t work because it had no bulb in it  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes and the wiring was naff..
i sorted that , then set about testing the dynamo and regulator box with the engine running and everything connected up all to no avail or poor output results ...
so i idependently wired the dynamo and the control box  and hay,,ho,, when i excited the dynamo again i got a weak output ,,checked the regulator box and all was fine with that  but still weak output from the dynamo  Huh Huh
i eventually did an old school cheat ,accross the dynamo terminals and got 9.5 volts at high rpm

so i removed  the dynamo ,cleaned and inspected the scruffy,,battered ID plate and hay ho,, thick yanks had fitted a 6volt dynamo on a 12 volt system  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

its either that or the truck has been converted from 6 volt to 12 volt and only half a job done

but one things for shure ,,, yanks and auto electrics dont mix,,,,,,,, and the wire quality can best be described as ,,NAFF,,

so as a last and maybe temporey measure i,v converted it to an alternator and by 5pm she was up and running again..

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:11 PM »

Can't beat ol' school know-how Mike. Well done.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »

Can't beat ol' school know-how Mike. Well done.

just working my way through it , getting things into better working order , got it for sale but  not bothered about selling it as its growing on me
it,ll make a good shopping daily runner with that touch of character,,,
dosn,t look like it,ll be to bad on the  ,motion lotion, either  6cyl flat head engine is as sweet as a nut and i havn,t touched the carb of ignition as yet ,,,

spanners

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »

must remember to take camera up the garage in the next day or so because i know you lot like pictures  Cheesy Cheesy

and some of this lot will be going into ,hibernation,, in the next couple of weeks to make room for the concrete truck coming ,,

Olds

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2013, 05:20:09 AM »

and some of this lot will be going into ,hibernation,, in the next couple of weeks to make room for the concrete truck coming ,,
Is that for the workshop floor, or have you bought another truck? Cheesy
Found this and thought of you  Cheesy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1o2rpO_JY
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:39:33 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: