May 13, 2024, 10:08:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trike MOT Stations  (Read 3442 times)
voodoo

« on: April 01, 2011, 12:15:22 AM »

Anyone know of any MOT stations fairly local to Salisbury that do the Trike MOT'S ?....Checked phone book and found nothing so far and when I ask bike mot places if they know of any they just give me a blank look...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
zakboy

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »

give vosa a ring voodoo they will tell you your nearest class 3 testing station Wink

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
cunningplan

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »

give vosa a ring voodoo they will tell you your nearest class 3 testing station Wink

Thats the best thing to do, phone the local VOSA office and they will tell you any in your area. I'm the only person that can do them for miles (A bit far for you) I get trikes from all over S Wales for a test (Got one last thing this afternoon)
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 11:35:15 AM »

Make sure when you find one you tell them that it's a trike not just a tree wheeler.

I made that mistake and travelled there only to find it would not fit on their Heath Robinson style set up of a pit and "I beam "  Roll Eyes

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »

There's a useful thread on the NABD forum with a lot of trike MOT stations on it -

http://forum.disabledbiker.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2894

I'll put it in the "Useful Links" section too as it may be useful to others, then people can add to it on here.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
voodoo

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »

Managed to finally find an MOT station in Salisbury that does class 3 mot's...gonna ring them tomorrow and see if they can squeeze me in as wanted to go to Salisbury MAG do on Sunday and would be a good first run out on it...Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 03:34:15 PM »

Hope they squeezed you in!   Otherwise did you see ...

Riverside MOT Centre
Bradford Road
MELKSHAM
Wiltshire
SN12 8LQ

Tel: 01225 707555

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
voodoo

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »

Thx for the links and info...I have got it booked in for Tuesday but even though they do type 3 MOT's he told me there is no garauntee he will be able to mot it and wont know until I get there & Ive got to bring all my paperwork for the trike with me?....To put it bluntly who the F**K does he think he is?...Ive never had to take all of the paperwork in when getting an MOT on anything before no matter how altered or wierd, the most they ask for is the old mot...Me thinks I may be loosing my rag on Tuesday as I hate jumped up nobodys who try to go on power trips......Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
terry t

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »

Thx for the links and info...I have got it booked in for Tuesday but even though they do type 3 MOT's he told me there is no garauntee he will be able to mot it and wont know until I get there & Ive got to bring all my paperwork for the trike with me?....To put it bluntly who the F**K does he think he is?...Ive never had to take all of the paperwork in when getting an MOT on anything before no matter how altered or wierd, the most they ask for is the old mot...Me thinks I may be loosing my rag on Tuesday as I hate jumped up nobodys who try to go on power trips......Voodoo....
Hi if its is it first mot as a trike then they need to see the paper work.as its not in the system yet .probably checking to see if it not a reliant paper work as vosa and dvla are checking  new builds
voodoo

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 08:36:22 PM »

It was registered as a Trike in 2002 and I have all the old mot's since then....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
terry t

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »

It was registered as a Trike in 2002 and I have all the old mot's since then....Voodoo...
I think a lot of them just cover there rear ends.as half of then are not sure how and what to test.any good luck for Tuesday
ps dont upset him before he mots its Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 09:12:36 PM »

I've heard several tales recently of MOT stations tightening up their procedures. If you present a vehicle that's obviously not what it says on the tin, in the paperwork, they can refuse to test it & notify Vosa/DVLA -who'll follow it up with a letter, asking you to bring your vehicle in to their workshop for inspection. If they decide it ain't right, they can impound & ultimately destroy your pride & joy.
It's really not worth trying to dodge the system any more.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 12:08:21 AM »

Ive got to have the Virago bike inspected as its an import and even though it has been in the UK for a few years it has never been registered...I got paperwork from a salvage company with it so i know its a legit bike.....Just a pain having to hire a van to take it to them so they can check the vin and engine number to then sort out a log book....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: