May 07, 2024, 03:25:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fellow manky in hospital  (Read 2456 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: December 20, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

Hi guys just to let you know a fellow manky is poorly (STIX ) in hospital over in France..and I'm sure he could do with some get well messages from us lot ? Wink he's ok..and if he sees this and gets grumpy then he's definitely on the mend ? Cheesy

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
spanners

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

Sorry to hear that STIX,  is poorly I do hope it isn,t something bad

let's hope we hear from him soon

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
merv

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »

Get well soon stix

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
paulywombats

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »

All the very best to you Stix and speedy recovery Smiley

I thought I was wrong once, it turned out I was incorrect!
Living on a wing and a weld
the coppersmith

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »

Bonjour Stix, get well soon, if you need anything, lots of monkeys here willing to help, take care.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »

Yup, wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »

Thinking of you Stix, not really been your year has it?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »

Yep get well soon.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
JayJay

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 01:55:24 AM »

Hi Stix, hope you are soon on the mend.

Joyeux Noel et bonne annĂ©e.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Stix

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »

Many thanks for all the good wishes guys n gals, it is a long term and permanent problem that can and is made worse in the colder months and if I catch a cold or flu, cos as it is lung related and they are under powered now cos of the COPD it can get very frightening when you can't catch a breath, ( Stinky can confirm that)have been told by the doctor this morning that I am to be transferred to a different unit where I will stay having further treatment till the problem is minimised for now and the future, so not sure when I go or how long I will be staying but not at home for Christmas but possibly the new year.

Stix
the coppersmith

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »

Take care mate, Home here or over there??
Stix

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »

My home is now here mate in France, not got a lot of reasons any more to go to the uk as my boy is just in the throws of looking for a place I'm cornwallestishire so is in a mobile home at the moment whilst he looks.

Stix
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

I hear the health service in France is better than here so you may be in the best place!  Hope they are able to help you.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »

Yup same for me here in France, can't be othered doing the decoration thing just for myself.

Sorry you're stuck in hospital over Christmas but at least it solves the Christmas decorating bit.  Smiley

As BG says, good hospitals there, so hopefully they can find a way to help you now, and also find a way to give you more relief in the long run. In the meantime you can look forward to some nice bed baths!  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Stix

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 12:39:01 AM »

Had two bed baths and an assisted shower, the shower was such an eye opener, had both hands holding on to the safety bars and still got the lunchbox checked and washed Grin Grin Grin

On a more serious note they are so helpful and friendly even to a dopey English that doesn't yet speak a lot of French  and committed to finding out the best possible treatments to make you better again, I have had a scan /X-rays and an ultrasound on my lungs so they could see what they are up to.
The only downside I can see is the rooms are set up for two beds, the guy that was in here left today and the guy they brought in this evening hasn't stopped snoring yet!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Stix
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: