May 19, 2024, 06:35:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1565898 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11295 on: December 29, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »

Yeah -so much to do & I've forgotten where I've put a lot of the parts & how they fit back on.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11296 on: December 29, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »

At last! The axle paint seems to be behaving itself.
I shut myself in the garage today with the heater on full blast for an hour or so, until I had to strip down to a T shirt, then sprayed half a dozen very lightly dusted coats of the yellow filler/primer on the diff casing &, (so far), it hasn't reacted. Now I'm dreading trying the black over the top.
Flushed with success, I took the dashboard mounting frame down off the wall, gave it a quick sand, then a couple of coats of gloss black. This is the loop of tubing that supports the dashboard, as well as the steering column, brake servo & throttle pedal. It was originally welded to the chassis -until I realised during the rebuild that it made it impossible to remove the body from the chassis. So now it bolts in place. It was powder coated several years ago & has hung on the wall ever since, but had several scrapes in the coating where it's been moved against the brickwork.
Yes, it'll be completely hidden & only the bloke who wires up the dash will ever see it, but I tidied it up anyway.
My name is Manky & I think I have a problem  Tongue

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #11297 on: December 30, 2019, 08:05:44 AM »

And we have a problem in following you 🤣🤣..as for the stain blocker I do believe I mentioned it to you awhile back?  Just make sure you get the garage hot before spraying it black..But it really is the WRONG time of year to be spraying it

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #11298 on: December 30, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »

My name is Manky & I think I have a problem  Tongue

You don't say !

Really hope the paint behaves itself this time.

The paint on my tank started to wrinkle in places and I figured I'd wait till it stopped reacting before repainting. Still waiting and it's still reacting all these years later. At some point I will have to strip it back to bare metal and respray.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11299 on: December 30, 2019, 11:20:16 AM »

Smiley Yeah, not holding my breath as I'm sure I'll go back & find it's wrinkled again.
Got to do it this time of year if I want to be driving it in the Spring.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11300 on: December 30, 2019, 08:59:09 PM »

My son in law is a bit of an artist at spraying with rattlecans - he never sprays more than one coat in one day though.  He did a lovely job on my Superdream tank after I sealed it with one of those tank sealants - pity I didn't check that it was leak-free before he painted it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11301 on: December 31, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »

I'd like to think I can do a reasonable job -proper preparation makes all the difference -but I really don't know what was causing the problem here. Lots of lightly dusted coats of the filler/primer seem to have finally fixed it though, although it's taken bloomin' ages as I've had to wait a day or so for it to harden so I can flat it back again every time it's wrinkled.
New Year's Eve & I'm in the garage instead of out partying -yes, I'd much rather be here. I opened the garage door, walked in & smacked my head on that dashboard frame hanging from the roof Sad
I've put a light dust coat of black on the diff, followed half an hour later by a wetter coat over the whole length of the axle. Now I'm waiting an hour or so, with the heater on, before I risk opening the door to go home -don't want a rush of cold air from outside making the paint "bloom".
It'll be getting another couple of coats before it's done, but first I have to flip the axle over, spray a top coat on the nose of the diff then put the mounting nuts back on it.
I'll be amazed if I can get it all back together & under the chassis without scratching it to bits.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11302 on: December 31, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »

stinkey

« Reply #11303 on: December 31, 2019, 09:57:05 PM »

Don't put it in upside down 🤣🥁

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11304 on: January 01, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »

Tongue

stinkey

« Reply #11305 on: January 01, 2020, 08:26:10 AM »

I just noticed the mini morph on the wall 😁

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11306 on: January 01, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »

Smiley The previous garage tennant obviously had shelves along that wall cos there were rows of holes drilled in the brickwork. The little coloured men are car air fresheners called something like Happy Joes. I got in the habit of pushing their mounting clips into the holes every time I replaced them. Now I've run out of holes but have a couple of Joes left over.

the coppersmith

« Reply #11307 on: January 01, 2020, 04:41:57 PM »

Drill more holes, stinky loves holes 😱
stinkey

« Reply #11308 on: January 01, 2020, 04:44:13 PM »

Not in garage walls 🤣

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11309 on: January 01, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »

Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: