May 12, 2024, 12:56:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bournemouth Air Day  (Read 3170 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: August 31, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »

I have to admit, when the Memorial Flight appeared from behind us I lost all power of speech and could only gibbet at the others to turn round - and the sight and sound of the Lancaster gave me shivers inside and made me feel quite emotional.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »

That's a better shot than I managed at Dunsfold Park Bobbi -but then I saw two of 'em -so nerr, nerr, nerr!  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »

Apparently the Brits have now lent the Canucks their spare engine, to get it flying again for the last few events.

Can't say I feel cheated cos one Lanc was quite a sight - and sound!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »

the canadian lancaster has been doing ,,pleasure, flights from humberside airport up untill last week , i stopped to have a look at her a week last tuesday but i didnt have my camera ,, stood within 200 feet of it == a fair sight sat on a modern airport apron

flights were £4500 a pop but you had to pre-book and they sold out months ago ,, they were a well kept secret ,,

no wonder they need another engine when i saw it go over the humber near the bridge they were giving it some wellie,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 07:59:32 PM »

If I had that sort of cash spare, Id've done it.
I keep hearing mentions of them arranging a meeting with a 3rd Lancaster here in Britain somewhere, that will only be taxiing on the runway, not flying -I didn't know there was another one left.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »

Just googled that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-20794398

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 09:16:02 PM »

So it will be happening then?

spanners

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »

So it will be happening then?
rumour has around here that it could almost be airworthy now,, it was on the grapevine that they wanted just jane to be ready before the canadian one got here but it went a bit hush,hush,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:41:56 PM »

That's a better shot than I managed at Dunsfold Park Bobbi -but then I saw two of 'em -so nerr, nerr, nerr!  Grin
you should live with us then sir..we get a free air show over our house every year..those lancasters and the spits..circle over us..amazing..love the noise Cheesy

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
spanners

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

canadian lancaster is up and out n, about again went over our house this afternoon , i grabbed the camera and got a good shot lined up ,, only to find out the f'@@@@in, camera batteries were flat  Angry Angry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: