May 11, 2024, 10:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Look what you've all done!!!!  (Read 18066 times)
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 08:28:57 PM »

nice one Smiley

More metal than skin
Clive

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »

woo hoo!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Clive

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

Ooooh F**k!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »

And so it begins.
Abandon hope all ye who enter the leccy box.  Shocked

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
InsolentMinx

A blur of chrome...

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 11:00:20 AM »

niiiiice.

Smiley

have fun with it!
SUMO

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »

nice little start that looks

worry not about the electrics - this was what i inherited on the sidecar, literally cut off 1/2 a bucket of wire and it still all worked - youll be just fine

i hate electrickery   Angry   if i can get there anybody can

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i153/banjodave/hack/100_0371.jpg
Look what you've all done!!!!

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »

That wheels a bit wonky, Sumo or is it just the weight of that huge battery?

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Clive

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 08:38:49 PM »

Right, "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday"!!!!!!

I've stripped most of the wiring out of the bike, trying as carefully as I could to re-connect connectors as I went along, thinking what I could do is replace one wire at a time, using TBones simplified wiring diagram (thanks buddy!)
Unfortunately, I now have ended up with a world of dodgy wires, with some connectors left over that don't connect to anything. Even the ones that re-connected to each other have different coloured wires on each side of the connectors! (STOP LAUGHING YOU LOT!!) There are at least ten or twelve wires coming from somewhere under the engine covers, which I assume are part of the electronic ignition malarky, I think these are re-connected correctly back to themselves!
In addition, there are what looks like two regulators, although one of them has 'ignitor' stamped on it!

I'm not a completely stupid person (although I'm making a good job of sounding like one at the mo! Grin), so I reckon if I had a proper wiring diagram for it I could get on a bit better with it! Anyone know where i could find one? Another question would be, if it's a GPZ750 engine, would the wiring diagram correspond to what looks to me like an ever growing pile of wires in front of me!?!

On top of that it's a turn-key ignition (like a car) so has five wires coming off the ignition!?!

Basic wiring, lights, horn etc, are within my realm of ability, but all these extra wires are kind of daunting! I know, stop whining, and 'Man Up' and get on with it, but some gentle nudges in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »

This is what I've ended up with.......so far!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2009, 08:52:48 PM »

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »

Bugger That's a mess init Grin

Not being very helpful tho' am I Grin

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Firery Fred

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 09:07:37 PM »

I had an old Z1000st that looked a bit like that when I first got it but got it sorted in the end,and I know nowt
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:41:16 PM by Firery Fred » Logged

It's better to have a gun,(welding),and not need one than need a gun and not have one
Clive

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »

By the way, is there any way I can work out what year model my engine came from by the engine number?

Clive

SUMO

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »

ok heres the plan....

your wiring is probably butchered system from 5 different owners messing with it

heres a diagram. print it in colour and tipex out anything you dont want - like indicators then trace each one that is left - will take ages but thats life... get masking tape and put tags on all the wires and write down  what they are / what they do

this is the only way i can manage to wire a bike but it does seem to work for me

i cant find a bigger one but you probably need a manual anyways so get that and there will be a proper diagram in there anyway

http://www.motoinfo.yoyo.pl/Kawasaki/Kawasaki%20GPZ750R.jpg

happy soldering...

tbone

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 07:33:28 PM »

What you have is an electronic ignition, no points, hence your ignitor box and more wires than shown in my uploaded sketch. Also remember that some of your unconnected ends may well be earth wires. sit tight and i`ll see were the link to get a manual has gone.

Z750 but wires is wires ................http://pdftown.com/Kawasaki-Z750-Service-Manual.
GPZ900......................................http://www.repairmanualclub.com/motomanuals/index.php?dlid=416
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 07:44:58 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: