May 11, 2024, 05:02:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: A Very Happy New Year  (Read 19025 times)
triker-tazet
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2007, 02:02:42 PM »

as far as taz is concerned if its got alcohol in it then its drinkable and the higher the % the better.  Cool
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »

Is that diet or caffeine free?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2007, 03:07:11 PM »

Well happy new year to me - got the worst toothache I've had in living memory, just been to the emergency dentist who said it's an abcess and gave me antibiotics - one of them I can't have any alcohol while I'm taking it or for 2 days after!

Wish I'd got paralytic new year now!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
wizzkitt

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »

Ooooh, my heartiest sympathies BG, there's nothing quite as miserable as either toothache or earache, especially when the Powers That Be refuse to do anything about it till you've been through a course of antibiotics.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »

Cheers Wizz - the toothache is giving me earache too!

And the only medication I can take on top of arthritis med just takes the edge of for about 2 hours - and can only take it every 4 hours!  I'm feeling really really sorry for myself today!

Had a good day yesterday with my girls and grandchildren here,  first day off since I went back to work Boxing day, couldn't eat much of the lovely dinner I made (specially the perfect crunchy roasties) but it wasn't as bad as today - tomorrow I'm back to work for 7 straight earlies!  Shan't go if it's no better than today tho.

Sad

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »

Err, happy new year?
Sending you one of my bestest Get Well hugs Bobbi. The ones I save for very special people.

wizzkitt

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »

(specially the perfect crunchy roasties)

Did you use goose fat? My Mum gave me a jar. I know Nigella Lawson reckoned it was marvellous and sparked a famine of the stuff, but it does produce incredible roast potatoes. I'm quite good at roast potatoes but these were some of the best I've done.

deegee

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »

Don't need goose grease just good old fashioned beef dripping. Part boil the spuds 'till their about to fall I.E. soft, take off the heat, drain, shake to fluff up the edges then place in roasting tin. When the meat is cooked take it out and place under warmed grill, stir the roasties around the tin and stick back in the oven until brown. The dripping is also better if it's not fresh. As it has more flavour if it's been used a few times.
I feel hungry now.     
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »

Thank you Fanny Craddock!
Ruffty Tuffty biker cookery lessons eh.
Actually that's something I should add to my New Year resolutions list -learn to cook. I live alone so tend to just grab something quick & convenient from the freezer & shove it in the oven to warm up. I think I'd enjoy being creative in the kitchen.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:12:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

deegee

« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »

More like Finny Haddock. Grin

I have a crockpot on the go more or less continuously. Before I go out in the morning I throw in the days addition today it was mince tomorrow it'll be some cheap steak that I bought today. You do have to cook any veg' before you put them in 'cos the crock doesn't do them properly. If you had one you could set it up the night before, then turn it on when you go out to work and bingo a hot meal when you get back. That'll set you up for the afternoon in the garage.   
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2007, 11:13:17 PM »

Yeah, sounds so much more appealing than a Pot Noodle & a Diet Coke.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2007, 11:14:57 PM »

I use a mixture of olive oil and lamb fat for my roasties.  Otherwise pretty much what Deegee said.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2007, 11:18:38 PM »

You think I'd look good in a pinny?

triker-tazet
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2007, 11:21:47 PM »

Grin suits you sir  Grin anyway there is nothing wrong with pot noodles  Grin just feel sorry for the noodle minors Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »

Yeah, I'd enjoy getting messy in the kitchen. Would make a change from the garage.
Noodle Minors, as in young noodles, or those that mine noodles? They don't grow on trees then?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: