May 11, 2024, 07:34:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: ATOS  (Read 22447 times)
spanners

« on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »

ok who knows about ATOS and its medical examinations  Shocked Shocked
just got a letter  telling me i,v got to go for medical assesment ,

the times 9am  30miles away  poor public transport  and no car park ,, just about impossible to be there or even get near the place  ,, do they do it on purpose  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
then they say arrive 10mins before appointment  so why oh, why is the appointment time  9am  logicaly shouldn,t it read  8.50 am  Roll Eyes

way things are going i,ll be out here for good very soon  straight off the humber bridge,,,

they cant asses a dead man,,,,
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:06:09 AM by spanners » Logged

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
kapri

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »

Had the same thing only I didn't get called in for the appointment due to the amount of info I supplied on my renewal form . At first I thought " Woohoo!" then I thought " Crap, am I that bad they don't even want to see me ?". If you say you suffer from agoraphobia and can't attend they stop your help for not attending , if you attend they say you are not suffering from it . They will watch your moves from the moment you arrive in the carpark and will use all and anything against you .Do not get taken in by the smiling shark.

There's lots of info on the 'net about what they are after. You have  a legal right to have the interview tape recorded by them, they don't have enough equipment to go round so will slow down and change the appointment. They will try allsorts NOT to do it as it means them actually having to listen and write and check what you are saying.

It's not a fair or equitable test and deeply flawed being driven by bonus rather than any true assessment.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:50:58 PM »

Apparently nearly everyone fails the assessment but then appeals, and 70% win on appeal.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 01:03:15 PM »

Mike Have a read here.
 http://www.dwpexamination.org/

And this.
http://dwpexamination.wordpress.com/dwp-score-sheets-or-points-make-benefits/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:17:16 PM by hunter » Logged

I
poprodder

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 04:26:38 PM »

tossers the lot of them, is'nt it part owned by an mp?

kapri

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »

Please note the writing in black on this link is the OLD points system. They now use the word 'mobilise' rather than walk . This means if you can propel a theoretical wheelchair by yourselves you get no points for being unable to walk.
Plasticpig

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »

If you are on Face fart, look for ATOS Miracles. It is a self help type group which will give you advice, and also has loads of stories from people who are waiting to go through the process, or have been already. Some of the stuff that I read was heart breaking.

My Mrs won her appeal and was awarded 21 points by the doctor and judge at her tribunal, after being given twelve points out of fifteen by ATOS.

We had to wait nearly a year for the appeal, which was cancelled once, and had other stupid things happen. We have been living on 100 quid a week since last christmas, and although we did get a good amount back, it has all gone on bills which we let slide so we could heat the house and eat.

Even when she did win, we have waited nearly twelve weeks for the money, as someone in the clerk of the courts cocked up the file, and it was sent back for re-typing by the DWP.

I have been told that they have started bringing in the judge and doctor for the tribunals on saturdays because of the back log in cases, and that it cost 66 MILLION quid last year in paying for the tribunals and back pay to claimants, of which there is a 90% win rate. Somebody is making money out of this Angry

The last thing I want to do do is make you worry any more over this, but just to let you know it is a long and frustrating road if you do get less than fifteen points.
the coppersmith

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 07:28:04 PM »

Beware Mike, the sods knew more about me then I did. As you know I still carry around a brain tumor, its inoperable, some days I'm good, some days I'm very very sick. Seems I'm fit for duty part time and have a wife who works to support me, she is 60 and arthritic. They actually came to my home and told me to sell some of the luxuries, then said sell my tools, you wont eed them much now. MANY THANKS!!
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:03:22 PM »

Iv'e had my examination and lost but i put in an appeal, that was at least five  months ago, not heard anything about the  appeal date yet but iv'e been told i have to attend meetings about getting back into work in the mean time,i don't think this is right, the appeal should come first then if i lose that the meetings should start. My GP told me i had more than enough wrong with me to keep me from working but the t#ats at Atos don't give a sh#t how badly you are.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
Plasticpig

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »

We were told to go to an organisation called Diverse Cymru, who along with other things, act as an advocate for you, like having a solicitor to speak up for you in court. They filled out all the paper work and a lady actually went into the court room with us, prepared to add her piece at the end.

If you have anything like this organisation near you, I would say to go and see them.

It turned out that we did not need her as we were only in the court about ten minutes, as the judge stopped it and gave my mrs 21 points.

She could not understand why we were there in the first place.

Apparently about 1400 people have killed themselves over this ATOS crap. It's hard enough if you are stubborn and in a sound mind.

I can't imagine how it affects those with problems.
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »

Thanks for that Plasticpig ill look into that.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »

Well its here my appeal against ATOS's verdict, today at Sheffield Magistrates Court at 2.40pm , haveing to go to such a place does not help with my anxiety problem at all!

poprodder

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52:58 AM »

good luck.

oldmetalhead82

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »

Thanks mate, im already shakein like a leaf, and we hav'ent left home yet!

mouse

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »

good luck mate

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: