May 11, 2024, 05:21:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: rods adventurous trip..a sort of blog  (Read 24355 times)
one arm bandit

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

i was considering a forign road trip for charrity next summer untill i remembered the spanish coppers have had my passport for the last 7 years, they can have it for another 7 for all i care,that was my first and last time abroard Sad
merv

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »

Grin My 10 year passport expired at the start of the year without me using it once.

That's sad Sad

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
fifer

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »

Never had a passport and no intention of getting one .
We have such spectacular scenery here that I do not feel the need to travel abroad  Smiley.

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
nabsim

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »

We have such spectacular scenery here that I do not feel the need to travel abroad  Smiley.

But we don't have anything like the Bol or Le Man 24 Sad

ROD

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2012, 01:09:49 PM »

so why have they got your passport Luke?
hunter

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2012, 01:25:07 PM »

Has it expired,If it has apply for a new one.

I
fifer

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2012, 02:23:57 PM »

But we don't have anything like the Bol or Le Man 24 Sad

But we have the greatest motorbike races in the world in the Isle Of Man TT , Manx GP , Southern 100 on a beautifull island .
Also the NW200 , Ulster etc and not forgetting Knockhill my local track  Grin
Plus I hate the sun and warmth  Grin Grin 75 degrees is max warmth for me .

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »

I'm exactly the same Fifer. I'm a typical old school British tourist -when I'm out in the sun I never get trendily tanned, I just go different shades of red & immediately start peeling. No fun.
I haven't had a holiday for a couple of years now, but before that I was going to the Scottish Highlands every October. The most beautiful place on the planet & literally a completely different country from England. Always said I'd love to tour it on a trike.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ROD

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »

I dislike"sit round the pool" holidays,getting tanned for the sake of it.Well swmbo gets tanned,I just go a bit darker pink! I like to go abroad for the heat and to see places/stuff Ive only read about in books etc.eg Eiffel tower,colliseum etc etc,and to discover places I havent read about.Going on the trike seems to be a great way to combine riding as well as sightseeing ,and we loved it,even though we only went a few miles. Cant wait until next time,cos we are really going to go travelling,although whether my back will stand it I dunno.Considering getting a open top roadster type kit car,but definitely going!
andyrennison

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »

I have travelled quite a lot, and I have to say its given me a lot to remember (recent event aside). Hiking across the lake district, Quad biking across the farm owned by a renal nurse to his beehive winestore in Aus, breakfast at Raffles, Up the CN tower, snorkelling off the greek coast, hanging out on daytona beach, drinking ourselves stupid in Brugges and Ghent (so many times), Spa baths in Hungary, Running away to save my life in Old Delhi, staying in a hotel that is a converted prison in Cape Town, pizza looking at Doumus in Milan, travelling Scotland in my Regal 7/25 deluxe --- the list goes on.

Done most of my bucket list now, major items left are:

Ballon over the serengetti
See the northern lights
Machu Pintu
Go in a submarine
Winnibago across the states by the back roads

There is a world out there guys, and it can be fantastic.

Every country has something to offer, its rarely by the pool though!

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »

Well said. Sitting on a beach, frying in the sun, surrounded by idiots, would be my idea of hell.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »

Well said. Sitting on a beach, frying in the sun, surrounded by idiots, would be my idea of hell.

I tried that today on a local beach.

I hate people!

That is all.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:01 PM »

Yeah, I have a very short tolerance time for 90% of people. I'm not convinced the human race is a good idea.

nabsim

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »

Horses for courses peeps, I do love Scotland and lts of other areas of UK, only done Dublin in Ireland though. I have always found the French the most welcoming and tolerant to a group of unwashed lads (camping round tracks) on bikes than anywhere in the UK though.

Must admit I do not like the heat and. Burn under a bright bulb. Keep wheels turning and leathers on and you can stay a little cooler. NEVER lean against a black tank after coming out the supermarche in Bandol though.

ROD

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2012, 08:09:41 AM »

lol! Theres some great places to visit in UK,but being a wuss,the weather always puts me off! Over the years,when the kids were smaller we went on hols in  caravans,tents,I built campers,great fun...when the weather was OK,but we always found we had to have a "plan B" ,in case it rained etc. This is where I think the older generation gets their cautiousness from!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: