May 17, 2024, 01:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 246377 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1170 on: April 09, 2013, 03:35:09 PM »

Anyone want a muscle car?
Still trying to sell it. I've been waiting all day for a call from a car dealer from Twickenham, who said he'd come & look at it today, as a "toy" for himself. Sounded very promising. Didn't call.
The guy from the Mopar club has though. He's very interested, but can't buy it till June. He works at the Ford factory in Southampton & is being made redundant from one Ford factory, then re-employed at another. Between the two he gets a redundancy payment -which is where I come in -to relieve him of a large chunk of it. He sounds a genuine bloke & to be honest, after all the work, money & grief that's gone into it, I'd rather it went to a genuine enthusiast, especially one who belongs to the Mopar club Taz joined -sorta keeping it in the family.
At the end of the day though I just need the money to pay off the loan we took out to help with the build. So if you fancy a b-i-g project, call me.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1171 on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »

Had a message from Taz a week or so ago, saying the Charger has to be out of the barn it's stored in by the end of this month. So now it really does need to be sold. Scottie the hotrod haulier's just posted a classified ad for it on Ebay for me. Partly my words, partly mangled by Scottie!

Ebay ad

poprodder

« Reply #1172 on: May 09, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »

good luck andy, someones goona get a bargain.

spanners

« Reply #1173 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »

my garage aint big enough ,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
hunter

« Reply #1174 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »

My garage is big enough,But my pockets ain't
Good luck Andy.

I
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #1175 on: May 10, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »

sheet thats cheap. going to repost on an aussie custom site, see if any old boys here have a dukes fetish

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #1176 on: May 10, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »

http://ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54513
done

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1177 on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:28 AM »

Need to be registered to read that forum Ben. Thanks. Wonder what it'd cost to ship to Oz?!
I actually only need 12 grand to cover the outstanding loan, but as Scottie said, it gives us some bargaining room.

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #1178 on: May 11, 2013, 01:49:51 AM »

just linked them to the ebay add
68 dodge chargers hit the aud30k mark finished.
shipping would be a bit of a hit but its a great start for a project. seen more money spent on worse

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #1179 on: May 11, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »

i have had a quick look. not much 1500aud ish for the shipping. govt fees etc i dont know

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1180 on: June 10, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

Well it's finally gone -or at least going.
Couldn't believe how many Ebay daydreamers I've had to wade through. Scottie posted the ad for me, so was taking the initial phone calls. Judging by the ones he passed on to me, I dread to think what the ones he didn't were like. One guy spent 2 weeks, emailing & texting, reading this build thread, phoning the restoration company to check on the work they did, getting quotes for a new Hemi motor from the States etc -then offered me 4 grand.
In the end it came down to 2 people viewing the car on the same day. One wanted to ship it home to New Zealand, to build a General Lee replica, the other lived just 10 miles from the barn it's in & has always dreamt of owning a Charger. Bizarrely, he called at JC Restorations, who did the bodywork, a couple of years ago for a quote on a paintjob, & actually saw our car being built on the jig there.
He made an offer first, for what I was looking for, & a deal was done.
So this weekend it'll be leaving the barn it's lived in for the last 5 or 6 years & be heading a few miles up the road to a new life.
It'd become a financial millstone around my neck, having drained me of every penny I owned, plus a big loan & the payment I get will only pay off that loan -but it was still pretty cool to be able to say I owned a classic 60s muscle car.
I'll kinda miss it & hope the new owner will keep me updated on it's progress, but it'll be a huge relief to wave it goodbye.  Smiley

spanners

« Reply #1181 on: June 10, 2013, 06:22:37 PM »

so shall we be having another new member on here ?

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1182 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »

Hopefully he'll keep us informed of it's progress.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #1183 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »

Nice one Mr. M, know how you feel, but the relief will outwegh the loss, I'm sure, and you have other projects, and "fish to Fry" so won't be bereft!! take it easy y'all, Morrag Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Beware the Ides of March, But!
poprodder

« Reply #1184 on: June 10, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »

great news andy.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: