May 17, 2024, 07:17:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564675 times)
Chevy Rick

« Reply #5955 on: April 11, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »

Grin Fame at last Andy, I see the Manky Pop made it into the pages of this month's Custom Car Mag  Cool
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5956 on: April 11, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »

At last? Had a few bikes & trikes featured in various mags in the past, but not built a rod before.
I assume you get CC on subscription then Rick. Doesn't appear in the shops till tomorrow.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
steven brock

« Reply #5957 on: April 11, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »

Take a pic .. Slap it on here then

steel wasn't invented to make bloody staples with!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5958 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »

Not sure how we stand on copyright laws doing that Steve, (it usually says somewhere in the front of the mag something like  "must not be reprinted or reproduced by electronic means, without the publishers permission").
By the way for those that have asked, Yes I'm still working on the Pop. It's living outside Loony's workshop under a tarpaulin now. The bad weather last week meant I had a few days when I couldn't do anything. I also took the chance to grab a bit of overtime at work when it was offered.
I'm working on the drivers door at the moment, pulling the bodywork out to meet the door for a better fit & making various fill-in pieces around it. I plan to tackle one area at a time & get it completely finished before moving onto the next. I need to get both doors sorted & the surrounding metalwork tidied, so I can fit the window channels I bought at the WheelsDay show & measure up for the glass. So I'm cutting & folding assorted strips of steel & taping them in place. Hopefully Mr Loon can then give me half an hour to weld 'em up.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:54:25 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

cunningplan

« Reply #5959 on: April 11, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »

Roll Eyes
http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/history-archive/homemade-pickup-thread-8551/page21
(right down the bottom)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5960 on: April 13, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Many, many thanks to Chris, (Phunkie Hiboy), for giving up his afternoon today to stand in the pouring rain outside Loony's workshop, working on the Pop. You is a top chap mate. Thank you.
Although it's Saturday, it's just a normal working day for us at Royal Mail, so I was out trudging the streets in the wind & rain, delivering letters to all you lot that get the day off.
Meanwhile, Chris had arrived at Loon's place to fit the electronic ignition we collected last week. By the time I'd finished work, got home, got dry & changed & out to the workshop, the deed was done & he was busy adjusting the kick-down cable, carb & anything else that needed looking at.
It's starting way better now & ticking over nicely, but I took it up the road & back & was still concerned it felt kinda flat up the hill. So Chris came out with me -sorry mate, it's wetter in the cab than outside it at the moment! Might as well be open topped for all the protection the cab offers from the rain & spray, with no glass in the doors & sections of floor still to be worked on. His verdict was simply that it needs to be driven more aggressively -as Other Chris said, Drive it like you didn't build it.
The noise from the rear right cylinder's just a blowing exhaust flange, (it quietens down once the motor's warm & everything's expanded slightly), so at some point I'll pull the header off & replace the gaskets. The oil light's coming on at low revs, so might need a new oil pump too, but otherwise, not too bad. 
The weather really is atrocious at the moment -just a waste of time trying to do much on a bare metal car outside when it's lashing down with rain every day. So I doused it in a whole can of WD40 & covered it back up again. It'll be bright red with rust next time I uncover it. If the sun ever comes out this Summer, I just need to get out & drive it some more.
Thanks again Chris. Hope you've dried out & warmed up now.  Wink   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:03:25 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5961 on: April 13, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »

kapri

« Reply #5962 on: April 13, 2013, 07:21:52 PM »

Well done  Chris , saved me a journey Smiley I was going to come up today but simply couldn't get away from everything that needed doing here Sad Now you're sorted I've a couple of Stromberg 97s to sort out down here.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #5963 on: April 13, 2013, 07:23:09 PM »

Hey, Andy, it's a pleasure. All you need to do, now, is drive it and enjoy it.
Didn't bother to go back to the shop, just staight home and into a hot bath. Topped that off with sausage toad, spuds, peas and onion gravy. Nice and warm now, inside and outside!!

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #5964 on: April 13, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

Now you're sorted I've a couple of Stromberg 97s to sort out down here.
Not a problem, old ones or new ones. I can get parts, still, for these (at a good price  Smiley)

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5965 on: April 13, 2013, 08:06:42 PM »

Don't worry Kev, I still love you & will no doubt still be calling on your expertise on a regular basis! Chris was closer & foolish enough to volunteer!

kapri

« Reply #5966 on: April 14, 2013, 08:06:31 AM »

Re the oil light, try a new oil light switch first as the cheapest fix option Smiley  Oil pump is part of the front casing timing cover so it's a complete cover required .
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #5967 on: April 14, 2013, 08:43:53 AM »

Re the oil light, try a new oil light switch first as the cheapest fix option Smiley  Oil pump is part of the front casing timing cover so it's a complete cover required .

Might be quicker/easier to come down with a pressure guage, to check the actual pressure at some point. If you don't mind I'll do it when it isn't raining!!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5968 on: April 14, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »

See you next year then Chris!
We started to run out of fuel when Chris & I took it up the hill yesterday, (you can hear the electric fuel pump under the pick-up bed when it runs low), which might explain why it still felt a bit flat to me.
Fresh fuel tomorrow & pray for good weather.
Lots of bodywork to finish, but it gets a bit manic at Loony's place at weekends with lots of mates coming down to work on their cars. We all end up queueing up to use the bench, power leads etc. So I'm giving it a miss today & nipping over to Farnham in Surrey for a little classic car show.
Need to finish the metalwork around the doors, which involves some welding from Mr Loon, then I can make templates for the side glass -no fun driving it in the rain with mud being flung in through the windows by the front wheels! Also don't want to leave it unattended in public with no glass in the doors. Getting there.

Olds

« Reply #5969 on: April 14, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »

Also don't want to leave it unattended in public with no glass in the doors.
I don't blame you. Someone might nick it, because it's so unobtrusive Wink
Might see you at Farnham if I get a chance to escape.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:46:41 AM by Old Newbie » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: