May 17, 2024, 11:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564770 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2835 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »

Less than 6 months left to get it registered now, before the test procedure changes. Loony's still confident, but I'm getting kinda anxious.
A lot of detail stuff will probably have to be left until after it's roadworthy. We're aiming to run it for whatever's left of this year, then strip it & properly paint & detail it over the Winter. That'll give us a chance to rectify the inevitable teething problems that always crop up with one-off builds.
Been talking of stripping it all back down to bare metal & dunking it in a few coats of clear satin lacquer for the first season. That'd be easy to touch in if we find we have to re-work anything once it's on the road, as well as showing off the fact that it's all steel & not body filler. I've got some of the door logos in black outline form, so might get some red ones done if we go bare steel.
Will be in touch about starting the registration paper trail soon Mr Kapri.
Shaun, everything should have a V8 in it!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:41:07 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2836 on: March 07, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »

My day off today, but Taz also has a rare afternoon off, so no workshopping for me.
Picked up a couple of bits & pieces at the National Street Rod Association swapmeet in Essex yesterday.
A pair of reproduction door handles from Pop Parts Plus. Not exactly the same as the originals, but near enough & a damn sight cheaper. They only had the non locking passenger ones left on the stall yesterday so are posting me the locking one for the driver's door. I've already bought a set of repro '32 Ford ones, but decided they were too pretty for a truck, so they'll be going on Ebay soon.
Also a second hand chrome bonnet strip. The edges are rolled underneath to form the hinge that the 2 bonnet sides slot into. I bought a brand new stainless steel one last year but have managed to lose it. You just know it's gonna turn up again now.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2837 on: March 07, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »

Not decided how we're going to finish the gearbox tunnel around the gearshift yet, but I found this rubber gaiter with retaining plate. Might use it. Might not.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2838 on: March 07, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »

Reproduction bulkhead plates. These attach to the body under the bonnet & would have the engine & chassis numbers stamped on them. I think we need one with the vehicle weight marked on it to comply with the SVA test regs, which neither of these do. I don't want to cover the truck in badges n stuff but Loony thought it'd be nice to replace the original Ford one. Ideally it should say Field Motor Company, as that's my surname.  Smiley Again, might use these, might not. 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2839 on: March 07, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »

When the guys from Wyliez Autos came over for the garage evening the other week, they were quite insistant that we fit an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on what the engine's doing. Seemed a wise idea as we don't know what state the motor's internals are in. I was looking for a vintage one that could be fitted directly to the side of the motor, but found this set of 3 new ones for 20 quid. I don't want any more gauges in the cab, but some race cars & traditional rods fit an extra set of dials on the bulkhead, inside the engine bay, so they can check them while working on the engine. Not too bothered about the ammeter, (which shows the battery charging level), but we'll take the oil pressure & water temperature ones out of their mounting plate & fit them in the bulkhead panel. 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2840 on: March 07, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »

Also picked up a length of 5/8" rubber hose to connect the heater to the steel heater pipes. 2 quid for 6 feet of it from one of the Surrey Street Rodders who attended the garage evening. He also threw in these motorcycle handlebar indicators for free. He suggested they could be fitted on a car bumper bar. I've got no use for them on the Pop & can't decide if they're O.K to use on my Yamaha chop project, or just a bit naff -but hey, they were free.

poprodder

« Reply #2841 on: March 07, 2011, 06:41:23 PM »

i've a pair of locking handles here doing nought!!!!   oops...

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2842 on: March 07, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »

I hate you, you know that don't you Chris!  Angry

poprodder

« Reply #2843 on: March 07, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »

Kiss  Cheesy

Cabman77

« Reply #2844 on: March 07, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »

I do like those indicaterers..................wanna part with `em??

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
toad

« Reply #2845 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »

andy dont be shocked to find that your motor has low oil pressure, its normal as long as you get around 35psi at 2500 rpm its a good,un its just the way they are Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2846 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:02 AM »

Wouldn't be shocked whatever it read -I haven't got a clue what it should be.
Cabby, I'll have a look inside the indicators tomorrow & make sure there's actually bulb holders in there! Yours for the cost of the postage matey.

Cabman77

« Reply #2847 on: March 08, 2011, 08:00:03 PM »

I love you and want to have your babies !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #2848 on: March 08, 2011, 08:04:23 PM »

I love you and want to have your babies !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Cabman .................you need help!!!! pmsl

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Cabman77

« Reply #2849 on: March 08, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

Have done for many years Doc as you have seen in the past year pmsl  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: