May 11, 2024, 08:40:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Archie's XS  (Read 105165 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2012, 07:45:23 PM »

Nice to see it out & about at last Archie.
A previous girlfriend, with no interest in vehicles, couldn't believe how much of a stir the trike caused wherever we went. I thought everyone got that!
Lookin' good matey.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2012, 10:29:18 PM »

You had a girlfriend with no interest in vehicles?Huh?   No wonder she's 'previous' !

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #212 on: May 07, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »

Grin Lasted 10 years Bobbi. Mid-life crisis. I threw it away. Long story.  Hey ho.  Lips Sealed

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #213 on: May 07, 2012, 10:59:41 PM »

I think most of us have stories like that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #214 on: May 07, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »

Wink

Archie

« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »

So just down another run.

It wouldn't start on the kick (probably would have if I wasn't such a girl) so I was like ah feck sakes. Grabbed the boost pack and attached it to the live and off it went.

Grabbed some fuel and some shopping and forgot I was on the bike. So off I went with some shopping swinging in the wind on my handlebars - what a sight!

It kicked over lovely at the petrol station and riding it is such a funny experience at the moment due to the power delivery. Struggles a bit and then it's howling off and away!

Major test completed. The fleet speed bump test. I used to ground my car out all the time down the high street and was worried about catching the underside of this and coming off. Not a problem at all and was getting lots of looks. 2 drunk bastards outside wetherspoons were giving it large at us, but harmless enough.

On the way round my throttle got a bit far on the turn - you could turn it a 1/4 and there was no power delivery at all. Got home and it turns out it shook the tensioning screw out. Not sure how to overcome that one but we will!

I was a bit worried too as it had cracked my bracket I made holding the carbs on due to my terrible welding skills, but they didn't come off so that's good. I'll redo it before Sunday though.

All fun at the moment!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »

I'm jealous Achie! I wanna get mine on the road now!

Archie

« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »

It's all fun and games hammering past the traffic at mk10 until your gear lever snaps.

That'll show me to hooliganise.
stumpy

« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »

Nice to see it out & about at last Archie.
A previous girlfriend, with no interest in vehicles, couldn't believe how much of a stir the trike caused wherever we went. I thought everyone got that!
Lookin' good matey.

all you need now is a vehicle with no interest in girls see how she likes it lol

stumpy can't voice his opinion here
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »

I've got several vehicles with no interest in going.
Yup, Mr Archie brought his chop along to the Basingstoke Festival of Transport today. I know these first few journeys are called Shakedown Runs, but seems every trip's costing him a couple of busted bits at the moment! Don't worry mate. I've been there too.
Missing engine bolts & broken exhaust on the way there. Broken gear linkage on the way home. Fortunately we were able to rescue him in my rental van & ferry the XS back to Loony's workshop for repairs.

Archie

« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Yes thankyou for that rescue, although I was quite content sat on the pub wall watching everything go past.

Felt like a right cock after hammering past all the traffic (including or own BG) to the lights and then breaking it at the lights.

I think it's gonna be beautiful fun to ride when the fuellings sorted out, but the run back was just a pain after a while. Spent most of it riding with one hand on the choke to give it enough fuel.

I was going to strip it down come winter, but might do it a bit earlier, to just get it finished nicely and decide what to with it. I'm pretty tall (not massive) and even with the forwards I started to get cramp in the back of my legs so can probably do less miles than I want to on it. From basingstoke to my place is about 25 miles and that was just getting to be a chore to ride, but I know when fuelling right it will be different.

But I do also like to go quick, and riding again makes me realise the unhinged bit is still very much alive in my brain, so something fast again would suit me a bit better, but also get me into trouble.

At the end of the day whatever happens to this motorsickle I can chalk it up - I built a custom one off bike (albeit with the help of some good friends), that was good looking, attracted a lot of attention and at the age of 24. I guess some people don't achieve it in their entire life.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »

I did see you stopped on the corner and wondered if something had come unstuck but there didn't seem much point in my stopping when there were much more useful folk around!

Archie

« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

Its no bother  Cheesy

A picture from Nick on here

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af318/archie_837/xs1-1.jpg
Archie's XS

You can see the Awe in the small child / person face as he looks upon it.

Little does he know!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2012, 05:25:04 PM »

You nicked Nik's pic.
Must find out how he makes his shots look like that.
Mr Tony Oily Bike would be the man to chat to about tuning XS650s.

hornet6

« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2012, 08:15:44 PM »

That kids face is like hes about to say "how fast does it go mister"

no projects ever finished
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
  Print  

Jump to: