May 11, 2024, 10:34:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 11111 Topics  (Read 2859 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »

Been browsing the forum stats this afternoon-
Since we launched the site back in 2005, there have been 148,215 Posts in 11111 Topics by 899 Members, (11,112 now I've posted this).

-Gawd we don't 'alf talk some rubbish don't we.   Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »

It's good to talk... Grin

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
one arm bandit

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:33:44 PM »

74,107 of them posts are merv asking for PICTURES Cheesy Cheesy
Cabman77

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »

Or me wandering off topic with some long winded anecdote or other...............which reminds me of the time that..................................... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
one arm bandit

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »

Or me wandering off topic with some long winded anecdote or other...............which reminds me of the time that..................................... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy i look forward to reading your wondering off topic posts cabby, its normally something alot of us wish would have happened in our lives too Wink
zakboy

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »

74,107 of them posts are merv asking for PICTURES Cheesy Cheesy
that tickled me bandit  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »

I bet they are the friendliest 11111 topics almost anywhere on the internet!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
nabsim

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »

Unfortunately, rubbish s one of my best subjects. I do so enjoy reading the 'proper' posts from the grown ups though Smiley

The North

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 03:44:21 PM »

Only been on here a few weeks but its a gleeful Wink sort of place right enough. Smiley
Only teasing its a good site informative and entertaining, seems a bit quiet since this legislation hassle cropped up though, i think many are a bit fed up with the whole affair.
    I am surprised at others stance on some of the forums i have looked on, the trials side seem to have accepted it and feel its all fine, others seem to beleave it will get rid of Saturday night saxos out of McDonalds car parks across the realm,  and it will be a safer place to live and bring up the squabs.
 This to me is a dark cloud hanging over the future of many types of road user, not just those with a modified car.
  The motorsport fraternity dont seem to have much to say and i am hanged if i can work out what they are thinking.

kevsky

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 07:08:20 PM »

are you sure your number button isnt stuck or mabe its in binary

reality sucks thank god for religion
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

Chatted to a guy who writes for one of the kitcar magazines today. He's talked about it to one of the VOSA employees, who seemed to think it won't come in, or at least only in a much watered down form. He suggested heavily modified cars could need an IVA check & if you modify your car every year as many people do, it might need a recheck if you've changed suspension, steering etc.
The trouble is, it's all speculation at the moment. No-one really knows. The wording's quite vague so it depends how the British authorities choose to interpret it. Past experience has shown that relatively well intentioned changes to regs have a habit of snowballing in the hands of the pen pushers, so it's worrying that this could lead to much tougher restraints in the future.
There are some truly dangerous cars -& bikes/trikes, out there on the roads, so I can sort of agree that a safety check, beyond the curent annual MOT test, after any major modifications to the design of the vehicle are a good thing -but how far do you take it before it infringes on people's right to alter their own property?
I'll certainly continue to support the efforts of ACE, (the Association of Car Enthusiasts), & others to stop these measures becoming law, but at the same time I'll keep my fingers crossed, that should they still come in, things won't be as bad as some have predicted.

hunter

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

Whatever they introduce this time,however small,It is just the beginning of the end,
They will squeeze us until they get what want.

I
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »

A reply from Kev:

Latest is that we have a variety of MP/MEP letters up and we are getting them out with replies coming back at a reasonable rate already. 
We had almost 1 million hits on our website 2 days after the news came out!!

The North

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »

I would describe that as positive then, and in fairness if the legislation gets a fair hearing in the houses of  parliament what more can we ask for.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 05:11:03 PM »

Well in my op[inion that  a helluva lot to expect, with the way things are done nowadays!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: